Maybe it's just me but this place could not charm me.
Yes, the design is lovely and the pools (we had a splash room) are great but the place lacks atmosphere, and most of all a good general manager.
During our stay, way too many things went 'wrong'. The Chill's website presents a standard they can't or won't live up to. Somebody needs to organise this place and take control. It's not a five star. Not even a four star.
- eastern european neighbours chilling at the pools (next time we will also stay in the cheaper accomodation next door and use The Chill's pool, could have saved us some hundreds of dollars)
- empty plates and glasses at the poolside were never taken away, although always 4 or 5 waiters at the bar
- no drinks service at the pool, always 4 or 5 waiters at the bar (even if you'd get a menu the bar, they still expect you to come back and order. If you don't, the menu's next to your sunlounger all day)
- 2 cockroaches in the room (yes you find them in tropical countries but it's the first time I've encountered them in such a 'luxurious' accomodation)
- lunch at the chill? Be prepared to wait for ages.
- housekeeping: no structure. They even did the room the morning we had to check out, which was a complete surprise when we returned from breakfast because during our stay it was often late afternoon. The fridge was never refilled, we didn't get new instant coffee, only one roll of toiletpaper,.... Even though we are used to tipping, I started to wonder if we did something wrong.... :)
- staff not very friendly ( maybe because the eastern european folks aren't too friendly to the staf...), no motivation
Could go on for hours.
All these little things add up.
Will not return.
No value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to your private getaway paradise. The Chill offers truly unique experience and privacy that redefines the definition of modern luxury resorts. From immersing in the tranquility of the beautiful white-sand beach to unwinding at the luxurious Chill Spa, from indulging at the five-star Thai fusion cuisine restaurant to relaxing in the beautiful tropical postmodern accommodations, The Chill is not just a destination for your vacation, it's your private getaway paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Chill Resort & Spa, Koh Chang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Chill Koh Chang Hotel Koh Chang
- Chill Koh Chang Trat