Koh Chang Lagoon Resort
$256
$56
  • Breakfast included
The Emerald Cove Koh Chang(Ko Chang)
$109
$72
Trip.com
Sea View Resort & Spa Koh Chang(Ko Chang)(Great Value!)
$68
$55
$81
$75
$109
$70
Agoda.com
Centara Koh Chang Tropicana Resort(Ko Chang)(Great Value!)
$95
$71
Agoda.com
AWA Resort(Ko Chang)(Great Value!)
$80
$53
Priceline
$41
$19
All reviewscleaned every daybig balconyfantastic locationsliderssea viewbeach barrooms are cleanmaintenancecambodiamassage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I didn't stay at Lagoon,but ate here almost every day,nice curry's for lunch and fresh fish for dinner.On the beach,with your feet in the sand.Every restaurant offers fresh fish for dinner,but they add something extra,you are able to choose a warm sauce to go with your fish.Red curry,garlic and butter,sweet and sour and some others,so you don't get stucked with just a grilled fish every day.Highly recommended.Just be carefull with wine,I've got 2 bottles in a row that gone bad,they don't keep it well,it's a pitty..

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank amanstale
Reviewed January 26, 2012

The Koh Chang Lagoon Resort is ideally located on the best beach of the Island. Most of the hotel is between the beach and the only street. A portion is located on the other side of the street. I prefer to be on the beach side if I can.

On the beach side, you can have a bungalow room, which are closer to the beach, or a room the the main building just behind. We stayed in the main building and we enjoyed the view on the beach from our balcony.

The rooms are of a good size and well appointed. I like the fact that, apart the bathroom, the whole room is made of wood, including flooring. Easy to keep clean and does not trap moisture, mould, etc. Once I understood that the air conditioning unit takes some time to throw cool air, everything was fine as the unit is powerful enough. Seems strange that it takes some time to "kick in" but all is well.

The hotel has a nice lobby and large breakfast room with great food. As I tend to rise early, I was the first to show up in the morning and each time everything was ready on the published hour. If I was too early, I could still enjoy some good coffee while waiting for the staff to setup everything. Not their fault if I get up that early!

In my opinion, White Sand Beach is the best on the island to start with. The Koh Chang Lagoon resort is arguably on the best spot. You can walk up or down the beach whithout hassles which is a nice change from the beaches in some of the Caribbean Islands!

For dinner, most hotels on this stretch offre BBQ food on tables installed directly on the beach. The BBQ joint at the Lagoo Resort is excellent.

The beach is great and the slope toward the ocean is gentle. You can walk quite far from the beach and feel secure. When I was there, the sea was calm and I could barely notice eddies in the water.

The street behind the hotel (the only street!) is bustling with activities, bars, restaurants, street food vendors, etc. It is nice to walk from the hotel and be somewhere! If you have experience riding scooters, do not hesitate to rent one (200 baths per day) and tour the island. Trafic is slow and far from being Bangkok hectic! You'll discover easily the rest of the island.

I also enjoyed an excellent oil massage on the beach at the hotel. Massage on the beach is about 100 bath more expensive but the experience is something else!

Price was very affordable on agoda.com

Room Tip: Try to book in advance to reserve a bungalow room which offer a better view on the beach and ocean.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 22, 2011

I stayed in 1101 for 4 days and 3 nights in November 2011. To get a room with a king size bed one must stay in the section off to the side by about 50 meters. This room is quite spacious, estimate 50 sq meters. It has a side window with a view of the beach which is about 30 meters away.
No complaints except one. The architectural genius who designed these rooms made the door frame to the bathroom about 71 inches tall. So almost once or twice a day each day , I would forget and bump my head while shouting an expletive.
I would suggest putting red tape or even a cushion at the door entry so that anyone who is over 5 feet 11 inches can be spared the trauma of daily head banging.
The beach here is beautiful and warm and clear. It is very pleasant for swimming. There are quite a few tress so you can lay on the beach and have tree shade.
The seafood on the beach is delicious and reasonable.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank eyeguyhnl
Reviewed September 1, 2011

My wife and I along with 4 other couples stayed here for 7 nights. We were across the street from the beach on the top floor so had beutiful view of the ocean each morning to wake up to.
Rooms are of good size and well appointed. Staff are friendly. Breakfast was include in our package but for me it was nothing special, actually I only ate twice, the first morning and it was served cold. And then ate again on the morning of departure it was also served cold so my assumption was this is a regular thing. But as there are many other opportunities to eat a great freshly cooked breakfast so close it was not a big deal to me.
The hotel is situated centally in White Sands so easy walk to the bars, resturants, beach or whatever. Many places to book tours, hire scooters, book day trips etc all close by and in the hotel itself.
We have stayed here before and will stay again. It is a reasonably priced and well located hotel that will make for a comfortable and enjoyable holiday.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank daw01
Reviewed August 26, 2011

We stayed at the bungalow facing the beach. The bungalow is nice, clean and very beautifully decorated and centrally located on White sand beach . Good breakfast on the terrace with a vast choice of food; wonderful evening barbecue on the beach. The reception staff is very professional, polite and helpful.
Many attractions to do: elephant and jungle trekking, thai cooking school, rent a scooter and go around the beautiful wild island of Koh Chang. We will surely be back!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple