All reviews kai bae wooden villas beach front adult pool beachside restaurant low tide great massage the breakfast area private villa egg station plenty of sun loungers small beach direct access to the beach your doorstep five nights thai massage lovely beach
Selected filters
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

This was my really first visit to Trad Province and also Koh Chang. I and my boyfriend's planing to stay somewhere peacefully, and relaxed for his special occasion. We made a right choice! We really enjoyed our stay here. The resort itself has a perfect location, private beach, spectacular view, and great breakfast especially wide selection of egg and skillful chef. The best part of the room is that the magical Ipod Station! love it! However, there's a thing I'd like to catch the resort an attention. I called the resort a week before the stay around noon time, to discus what they can do something surprised for my BF's birthday; the period of our stay were several days earlier than his actual DOB. The reservation manager suddenly replied me that they normally arrange a birthday cake only for guest who exactly has DOB as same as the period of stay. I was a bit surprised that the award winning resort would turn out this way. They could have done something impressive, memorable, and exceptional stay.Therefore, I asked for the price then. She said she need to double check the price and will get me back after break because "I'm on a lunch break" OMG!! I felt like I shouldn't have called because I was now interrupting her enjoyable lunch! Then, Why would you give customers a mobile phone number and then excuse the delay information with that reason?!? After that, I got the email confirming the charge of THB 300 for the cake. Done! I think I'm done. If this really what they can do for us, I was fine bringing a better one from BKK even it would no longer surprise to my BF no matter what. After the complaint I sent the email back to her, she changed her mind giving me a complimentary cake instead. Now I no longer needed it. A person like me never complain for a compensation!. I don't need thing from who doesn't really want to give it at the very beginning. Once we arrived the resort, there're many well-briefing staffs came ask me about the cake. Unfortunately, I already brought one from my favorite bakery in BKK. The only good thing for staff service here is that Even I kept refusing their offers, they finally provided the cake for us at the first night of our stay anyway. The end of the trip, we need to bring my cake back to where it came from just because we had no room's available for the cake!! Because throughout the stay, we enjoyed too many seafood here in Koh Chang :P

Date of stay: September 2013
gmhans, General Manager at GajaPuri Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

Dear guest
We are very please indeed that you enjoyed your stay at GajaPuri Resort & Spa altough the unnecessary and unfortunate incident with the birthday cake.
Please accept my sincere appologies and also the regrets of our Reservation Manager.

Every resort and hotel has its rules and regulations for their employees to follow up. GajaPuri's for example are, just to mention some, to be friendly and helpful towards guests, stand still while they passing and greet them with a "Wai", keep guests room clean and tidy and follow the standards, provide a birthday cake or caramel custard once they celebrate aniversary during their stay and so on.
To show flexibility within these rules and regulations is not common and not always appreciated (for example if it comes to clealiness) and in cases of yours to ask for advise before making a decision is a long term goal.
However, your comment is for us a important feedback and helps us to improve our services, in adapting, that flexibility in some terms can improve guests happiness with little effort.

It would be with pleasure welcoming you and your friend again at GajaPuri Resort & Spa Koh Chang.

With my best regards
Hansjoerg Jenny

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have stayed here twice in the past two years. It is a wonderful resort with friendly staff.

The rooms are well maintained and have good facilities, although on the second visit, the room had a much smaller entertainment system with a DVD player that did not work.

The pool is nice, and the bar food / room service is good.

The beach is only small but there are plenty of places to relax.

An excellent choice on a wonderful island.

Date of stay: October 2012
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights in a beachfront bungalow. Just what the doctor ordered! Lovely room with plenty of space, large bathroom with bath & deck with outdoor furniture & banana lounges/umbrella overlooking the sea. 15 metre stroll to the resorts lovely swimming pool and the beach front cafe which served good, reasonably priced thai food & cocktails. The beach is same distance, but nice visually & to hear the waves at night, but not ideal for swimming. The resort is laid back and only 50% occupied when we were there, so felt really chilled and had pool to ourselves. We received complimentary 1500 baht credit due to construction on site, which did not disturb our stay at all. A very nice gesture. Grounds are lovely the place just has a relaxed, peaceful feel about it. Transfers to and from the mainland were effortless. All in all a lovely, relaxing stay.

Room tip: The beachfront bungalows are lovely. There are private villas with pool, ok if you want privacy, but the resort pool is very nice.
Date of stay: July 2013
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We got a deluxe bungalow close to the pool and about 20 meters from the sea. Very comfortable, clean and with an relaxing atmosphere. The service is great and the staff very friendly and helpful. The "main street" is only one minute away if you want to try the local restaurants, rent a scooter or buy something.
Minor issues; temperature in the showers is not constant, changes every minute. The beach is quite narrow and very rocky, especially at low tide. For swimming in the sea is it better to walk about 100 meters north to a beach without rocks.
All in all is Gajapuri a very good choice on Koh Chang.

Room tip: Bungalows close to the beach, pool and beach restaurant is the best choice.
Date of stay: July 2013
1  Thank Laaxman
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights. Nicely built spacious room and bathroom, but the room and the bed smell very moist.
Due to comstraction works we got 1200bht credit to use at the kitchen and the bar, which was totally worth it, as the constraction works were distant and didnt cause us any inconvinience.
Big downside is that the beach is not swimable - a lot of big rocks, unless you walk a few hundred metres along the beach to the right - there is a section without rocks
Nice buffet breakfast - the food was kept in a separate room that was slightly refrigirated and no flies.
All in all it was good, but i was to visit Koh Chang again, i would try a different hotel

Date of stay: June 2013