Bai Lan Bay Resort
$108
$70
Agoda.com
Sea View Resort & Spa Koh Chang(Ko Chang)(Great Value!)
$68
$56
Agoda.com
Centara Koh Chang Tropicana Resort(Ko Chang)(Great Value!)
$95
$84
$99
$152
Hotels.com
Ramayana Koh Chang Resort(Ko Chang)(Great Value!)
$38
  • Breakfast included
AWA Resort(Ko Chang)(Great Value!)
$80
Nirvana Resort Koh Chang(Ko Chang)(Great Value!)
$44
Hotwire.com
$237
TripAdvisor
$70
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I stayed here after a bike accident. The girls were so nice to me, and the price for a 12 day stay was good deal (they gave me a big discount). This place was like a rescue for me after the accident, and after 8 months of traveling in the far east.

I read some books at the restaurant balcony, had some chat with the mother who own the place and fed the monkeys who were across the road.

My tip is to ask for a room with a terrace not right next to the beach but a bit at the hill. It's like a real jungle. There are lot's of stairs, and you have to walk to the near by village, yet it's magical. I give it 5 points.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Quiet place just after the lonely beach backpacker resorts
Basic bungalo with nice view over the see
Very friendly staff
Do not expect cleaning of your bungalo every day or clean towls but the place is georgious
Restaurant serves good food with see view.
During our visit renovation of bungalows was going on.
No real swimming posibilties (rocky coast) but rent scooter and go to lonely beach or white sands for some real tropical beach.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tuurtje75
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Almost hesitant to post about this place as it is so beautiful and quiet and secluded and I wouldn't want that to change. However I owe it to the lovely family who run it to promote what they have created.

Right now it's mid May, not the lowest season but most definitely not high season. Even the backpacker ghetto 5 minutes down the road is pretty quiet and here it is perfectly silent, only the sounds of waves slowly tumbling onto the deserted beach below and the sounds of chopping as they prepare my cheap, delicious lunch.

I have found my paradise here, a beautiful bungalow at once on the beach and nestled in the jungle. I am the sole guest of the resort so I have my own private beach, the sweetest bungalow with terrace and tasteful fittings, nice lighting, a huge bed and lovely owners who are fattening me up with cheap, delicious food. Monkeys everywhere, stunning lizards the size of my outstretched hand and birds of every variety.

Prices are very good and yet all this is a 5 minute stroll to the backbacker ghetto called Lonely Beach (trust me, it is lonely no more) where I spend evenings drinking Chang and talking to random westerners over Bob Marley covers. So good to be able to get away from all that crap (for that is what it is, albeit fun crap at times) and come back to paradise.

The perfect place to write a novel. I just wish I could stay here a month.

Now please don't tell anyone.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
7  Thank Jacob S
Reviewed February 23, 2012

I have stayed in Lonely Beach or abouts six times until I discoved this place. I stayed here for 2 months and they gave me an excellent 10,000bt a month deal. Huts are built on the side of a steep hill less than a kilometre from Lonely Beach or Bailan. It's useful to hire a motorbike which again works out cheaper by the week or month. I used to stay at Kachapura but being in the centre of LB it gets noisy and they have recently 'improved' it by making the wooden raised walkways concrete and the thatched roofs corrugated asbestos. Bai Lan Bai resort doesn't suffer from the party noise of LB but is close enough if you want the nightlife. Huts have nice views over the sea and are clean. Aggresive monkeys can be a neusance encouraged by misguided people feeding them but the owners will scare them away with firecrackers and a catapult if it gets too much. Although the resort extends down to the sea bathing and sunbathing is problematic. Better the short ride over to Lonely Beach for that. At the price it's hard to beat.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Martin W
Reviewed December 29, 2011

We have stayed at the Bailan Bay Resort 4 times over four years. You can hardly find a better location. The bungalows have been renovated since 2010; they are now more comfortable, but are less beautiful then before. The bungalows are clean, but there is no daily room service unless you ask for it.
There is a restaurant with magnificent view over Lonely Beach, the food is good value.
We are a family of 6, and can thus be a little bit difficult. However staff are always extremely friendly and welcoming.

Room Tip: Bungalows 16 to 20
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family