“Beautiful, peaceful island resort”

Paradise Palms Resort
Ranked #3 of 106 Ko Chang B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 2, 2010

My husband, 24 yr old son and I spent 4 wonderful nights at Paradise Palms. The bungalows are lovely - right by the ocean. Matt and Tara were attentive hosts. The helped us book day trips to snorkeling, cooking class and elephant trekking. The beautiful sand beach was just a short distance away. I recommend this resort to anyone who is looking for a quiet, peaceful, tropical location.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 24, 2010

The most "zen" place I have ever been.

I stayed with my friend for 6 days at Paradise Palms Resort. It succeded my expectations by FAR. There is only four bungalows at the resort - this means that it is very quiet, you can hear the waves all the time, hear the breeze in the palm trees, and just enjoy being alive. The bungalows are not extravagant, who needs it anyway? But they are clean, have a good bed, aircon, fan, refrigiator and very nice bathroom.

I had booked the bungalow that is five steps from the water. It cost a little more than the others, like 200 bath I think - but I strongly recommend that others do the same. All the bungalows are lovely and quiet, but the one in front is completly undisturbed and you are so close to the water and the breeze. One of the things that is very telling about the place is that there is an "honesty bar" where you just write down what you drink, like beer, coffee, water - and then you pay when you leave - I love the trust and it says everything about the owners - I am completly inlove with the place. At night you can enjoy the most beautiful sunset from your deck in front of your bungalow and there are a small, and good, restaurant around the corner, and a couple more 5 min. walking away. If you need more, go to white sands.

The six days we spent was brilliant, and I can promise you all that you are gonna love Matt and his beautiful family. First of all, they are so sweet, second they make the best bowl of fruit and yougurt for breakfast, and third, they are extremly helpful. My friend and I wanted to watch a movie on a computer one night (the nights are very quiet at Paradise Palms, so if you want some action, go to white sands - but trust me, you dont need it :0), For the film we needed some speakers...what to do what to do..??? Asked Matt, and he came running with some we could borrow!! Best service ever! You will get help with booking a tour, going to the ferry, you name it, but you will get it in a quiet and non pushy way.

I hope so much that I get a chance to come back and visit again, I will definantly recommend it to all travellers. The only thing, the beach is big stones, but 10 min. on a scooter/motorbike will take you to white sands and well...white beaches - you borrow the bikes for free from the resort.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 23, 2010

A fantastic place to stay. Great little bungalows (try to get the slightly more expensive sea-facing one), with efficient A/C, fan, fridge, cable-TV, bathroom. Very clean. Lovely big balconies facing out onto sea or garden/seating-out area. Great welcome by the Brit/Thai hosts and their charming little girl. Great advice given by them as to how to book treks/cooking courses/snorkelling etc. Location is pretty good as it's near but not on White Sands beach where all the tourists are (actually best to avoid White Sands altogether and head down the coast the other way where the beaches are far more secluded. Best thing about this resort is its seclusion - bear in mind though, the beach off it is very rocky, and children wouldn't want to play on it maybe. Great views of sunset from resort though. No restaurant, but it has a little honesty bar, and there is a great but slow restaurant called Saffron 2 minutes walk away. Ask the hosts to make you a fruit salad in the morning. And the free moped/scooter provided was a godsend as the roads seem pretty safe, places are close by, and petrol is very cheap - Matt the host even gave me a quick moped lesson! Oh and the on-site open-air gym was not bad either. Definitely will consider going again.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2010

I came to Koh Chang after staying for 2 days in Trat, and WOW...the bungalows certainly live up to their moniker. I was greeted by Tara, the owner Matt's wife, who waited for me despite me being delayed. I was warmly received by Matt (the owner) and his wife Tara and shown around the property. They are the nicest people and will go out of their way to make your stay a memorable one! They also have a lovely daughter who, believe it or not,. the beach is named after! The accommodation is perfect-classic bungalows with aircon and cable TV (should you need it) and a beautiful porch looking right out at the sea. Matt built these bungalows by hand, as well as the charming shore side honesty bar, where you tally up your tab of Singhas and trade stories with the friendly family/fellow travelers. The sunsets are incredible! I really have nothing bad to say about this place and would recommend it to ANYONE looking for a unique, one of a kind experience in beautiful Koh Chang.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed February 19, 2010

My friend and I stayed 6 nights in the bungalow closest to the ocean. We came from a busy field study trip in Vietnam and really needed to relax somewhere away from traffic, noise, people, red light bars, and rave parties. Paradise Palms Resort was just perfect for that. We found the bungalow nice and clean, the front terrace and the garden perfect for reading, relaxation, and conversation, and the sunset view excellent.

Every morning we had our coffee and breakfast at the terrace in front of the bungalow. The breakfast consisted of a very large bowl of fresh fruit salad and yoghurt. We loved it! The best thing about Paradise Palms, however, was the hosting. Both Matt and his wife were most helpful, friendly, and talkative. They helped us arrange a snorkling trip as well as the transportation back to Bangkok. We really felt at home - and both my friend and I would very much like to come back to this beautiful spot when visiting Thailand the next time. All because of the peaceful, laid back atmosphere, the nice setting, and the friendly hosts.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 14, 2010

We stayed 9 nights at Paradise Palms and enjoyed every minute!
Tara and Matt are really hospitably and arranged for us anything needed. Moreover they gave us a lot of insiders's tips.
The bungalows are beautiful, comfortable and clean.
The garden around is quiet and green and even has a small shower to be used after a swim in the sea.
Although they only have a stony beach, nevertheless it is nice, because you have a good place for snorkeling. As a guest you may use the snorkeling equipments for free.
We had a lot of fun riding the small motorbike, which is included in the bungalow price. A really great offer!
Moreover we enjoyed the beautiful sunsets next to the small self-service bar and learned to know some very nice guests staying there at the same time.
Tara's fruit salad is a fantastic start into the day. There are also some restaurants accessible on foot if you get too lazy to ride the motorbike :-)
It was such a great time - I'm already looking forward staying there again at my next trip to Koh Chang!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank ElliPyrelli
Reviewed February 11, 2010

I really enjoyed my stay at Paradise Palms: the place is well kept and offered a relaxed, peaceful and silent atmosphere, so that we could really enjoy every beautiful sunset sitting at the beach.
We were two people staying for nine nights - after seeing the beautiful place, we even decided to stay one night longer than originally planned. Thanks to the great service and friendly offer by the owner Matt, this was no problem at all.

The bungalow we had was really neat and clean: AC, a king size bed, lovely decorations and the nice bathroom quickly made it feel like a second home. It was also great that we had a big fridge to keep snacks and drinks. The bungalow itself was located directly next to the beach, so we could enjoy the beatiful sea view right after waking up.
The owners even offer a motorcycle free of charge per bungalow. We were lucky to have a brand new one, which was running smoothly even with two people. This way, we could go to the different beaches on Koh Chang (sandy beaches to go for a swim, the rocky beach at Paradise Palms was good for snorkling and squid fishing) and discover other parts of the island.
You could not ask for better service!

We enjoyed our stay very much, last but not least because of the very friendly family running this place. Tara, Matt and Muksuda were such a nice company throughout our stay, and I will really miss our talks at sunset!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends