“Very good but could have been great...”
Review of Astoria Regency

Astoria Regency
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Zamboanga City
Astoria Regency
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Zamboanga City
Reviewed January 3, 2013

My family and I would often stay in this hotel during weddings and birthdays. This is also my fiance's favorite hotel every time he comes to Zamboanga. Apart from a nice pool, I like their room coz it's big so you have ample space to roam around and you can have as many as 6 people sleeping in the room (with extra charge of course). Everything worked perfectly except that the water in the shower takes a lot of time to heat. Also, the hotel's restaurant has a substantial selection of local food, with big servings at an affordable price. Paying P1,200 per night for the room (without breakfast) is reasonable enough.

Room Tip: Ask help to carry your luggages as the hotel does not have an elevator.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank jheenee1

Reviewed December 30, 2012

I am relatively new to Zamboanga City hotel accommodations since I usually live with relatives who have houses in the city. But during my last visit, I came with a loved one and decided that we needed a little privacy this time. So we scouted for a hotel around the city...
Budget was a main consideration since we were intending to stay for 10 days.
After several unfruitful visits to other hotels, a contact advised us to check out Astoria Regency and I was surprised how nice the place is...
To POSITIVES:
1. Friendly and courteous staff
2. Ample parking space
3. Ambience is very good
4. Close to nature, quiet and air is very fresh
5. Ample parking spaces
6. WiFi in rooms
7. View of the mountains (we booked the topmost room)
8. Free mineral water on every floor
9. Near a lot restos and cafes
10. Very nice, well equipped and wide room. Almost like a 3-star Manila Hotel (* emphasis on almost)
11. It has a big pool
12. Very quaint for its rates

Despite the good things above it's not QUITE that good though...

The NEGATIVES:
1. Very far from the city. Good thing I drove an SUV while I was in the city.
2. No elevator. It's a bit arduous to go through the stairs especially since we took the topmost room, but there's no other choice.
3. Provisioned towels looked like rags compared to the conventional clean and white ones we are used to.
4. Water pressure was kinda weak. Taking a bath took longer than expected!
5. The pool always seem like an open resort due to the multitude of people allowed into the pool area (even non-guests)

Overall, it was a good hotel for the rates they offer.
Would I go back to this hotel?
I SURE WOULD!

Room Tip: The Topmost room is the only room. Perfect if solitude is what you are after.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple