“Wonderful and safe solo trek”

NEO Adventures - Private Day Tours
Ranked #37 of 74 Tours in Rishikesh
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Went on a the 5 day Kuari pass trek solo with NEO (they were called Kuari pass adventures then) last May. As a woman trekking alone English memsahib style (with my own guide, cook, mule and muleteer), the level of safety and security I felt with this team was outstanding.

They offered me 2 great options on prices, drove me to and fro from Jolly Grant (Dehradun airport) and made sure everything went on schedule (a miracle in India :))

They employ only locals, and cost 60% of what trekking agencies in Delhi (who then sub contract to the local agencies) cost. Yes, I got 3 quotes before choosing them.

Their Inn in Joshimath was homely, with lovely views, clean rooms, and wholesome food.

My guide Bhum was a treasure, he knew when I was tiring, gave me the right breaks, lovely campsites, and made sure I ate enough. We talked in a mixture of Hindi and English about everything including the local fauna and flora, world politics.

The food was lovely - hot tea anytime, snacks, paratha/boiled eggs/sandwhiches for lunch, and noodles/pasta/rice and dessert! for dinner. Tent was cozy as promised, I carried my own poles, and sleeping bag.

Shunty (Santosh) who organized and communicated by email pre trip, called in to make sure I was fine daily (when we could get signal).

All in all, an A plus. Now just need to find the time to go on a trek every year. Keep up the good work, and all wishes to get through this tough time in Uttarakhand.

1  Thank tafuting

Reviewed October 19, 2013

A group of 10 book online short trek first time trekking with NEO TEAM. First time trek made us worried and preparation was not well...but the TEAM take care of us and none of anyone feel problem on trek.

Transport, food, equipment were best and due to winter arrival soon this year we have been caught by cold but the camp fire and BBQ and sleeping bags make us good sleep at cold night.

We do not want to say much more but like to recommend those guys Bhumnes , Shib and Vick and pony man did a great job.

Thanks a lot to making our trip excellent memorable...

We hope to come this X-mas and new year for challenging the white water rafting and of course your tasty food... Cheers... :-)