My husband and I ended up staying in Rishikesh for over two weeks, way longer than anticipated and that is only because of this hotel. The owners, Shakaar, Surya and Kingsley are the most honest, generous and genuinely fun people to be around that we have met on our travels. If you have any questions just ask them. If you get a chance to spend time with them in the lobby, do it! We saw many gurus and attended the international yoga festival but spending time with the owners was the best part of Rishikesh. We came as guests and left feeling like family. Just to note, these are new owners (not the old green petal owners).
Now for the hotel details:
1. Super comfortable, soft beds.
2. Wi-Fi in rooms, coffee shop and lobby
3. Hot showers that DO last. The trick is to only turn the hot water on a very low flow and then add the cold water (the hot water is scalding so combined with the cold water it is perfect)
4. Awesome Indian food! We found that the Indian food in Rishikesh was sorely lacking except here, Where they serve the real deal.
5. The rooms and bathrooms are modern and spacious in a calming, subdued color scheme with high grade tiles and fixtures.
6. The ceiling. .. we couldn't believe how nice the ceiling was with beautiful tray ceilings.
7. The staff were all attentive and friendly, if you need anything just ask.
8. They can also arrange rafting for you, which was a great time.
9. Location is good. Take a quick, cheap rickshaw ride to Ram Jula our Rishikesh town for great dosas and the creamiest lassis. For fitness bus there is a gym down the street as well as several Ashrams to do yoga, meditation or satsang. Walk down the hill to get to Lauxman Jula.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Leisure Palace Rishikesh !Situated in Tapovan, in the holy city of Rishikesh,Hotel Leisure Palace welcomes guests with 2 dining options and a 24-hour front desk. Guests can also relax by the outdoor terrace. Overlooking beautiful mountain views, the hotel is near the Tapovan Police Post. It is located within 1 km from Lakshman Jhula Bridge and 4 km to the holy Parmarth Niketan Ashram. Jolly Grant Domestic Airport is 20 km from the hotel. .Simply furnished, air-conditioned rooms are fitted with a flat-screen TV with cable channels, a seating area and ample writing space. The en suite bathroom comes with hot shower facilities.Restaurant will serve a daily spread of local and international dishes with 24-hour room service options available. Guests can also enjoy a drink and select from a range of pastries at Chillounge Cafe.Hotel Leisure Palace's 24-hour front desk will be happy to assist with laundry/ironing services and luggage storage space. Guests can also participate in yoga classes. ... more less