“Great Find”

Ranked #6 of 119 Rishikesh B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Great Find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

The staff, the food, the warm reception.... all were fabulous. We were a group of 12 and everything was perfect. Highly recommended. And they have space to do yoga! We were there during a cold spell and they brought heaters to our rooms, our yoga space and the kitchen. Way above any expectations.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
West Yorks, UK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

I wasn't expecting anything lush when I arrived in Rishikesh, but Nirvana Palace seemed to hit the right notes... Looks nice & clean on first inspection. The bed/mattress was comfy but a little hard. Only one thin bed sheet was provided but I noticed they kept a duvet in my wardrobe (make it yourself then) so all was well.

Not long after settling in. I discovered an unwelcome guest. Cockoach. On my bed. Near my head. I grabbed for my mobile and by the time it was ready the cockroach was on the bedside table (because they jump right?? It did jump over? There were not two?) I snapped a photo.
Downstairs I complained to management showing him my fuzzy mobile photo and said I wanted another room. They wouldn't give me one but insisted the room would be cleaned.

I went out for an hour and came back to find my room looking like it had been tidied up. The cockroach was there, waving at me from the lamp holder above the bed. My DSLR was already in hand and I snapped that poser like there was no tommorrow. I shot a short film of it scurrying across the wall and then went down to the front desk showing them my findings. Another room was given straight away without apology. So thanks - for not believing me first time around.

There was one other bad experience that put me off staying here again. The staff. Management rather. My travelling plans were Haridwar - Rishikesh - Haridwar, you might want to book your own taxi beforehand. I got my own for the Haridwar to Rishikesh trip at Rs900 (they have to go the long way around for the Swarg Ashram area apparently). For my return leg, I asked the hotel to book me a taxi - the manager charged me Rs1300 but told me he had no change & to get Rs200 back from the taxi driver (who knew nothing of this arrangement).

I won't be staying here again when I come back next year.

Photos uploaded, whether Trip advisor deletes them or not, up to them.

Room Tip: Book your own taxi's or pay the hotels stupid rates.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank spud-UK
audiopink
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

Have to disagree with the majority on this one. Checked in late and before going to bed I found the bed sheets were dirty and full of hair. I asked new ones and they gave me a "choice" of three more, all of which were dirty and even had dead bugs splattered in them. The mattresswwas ROCK Hard probable the hardest I ever slept on, which caused me back pain the next day. I had two monkeys living on my balcony, scratching and screaming through the night. There was bad food smell in the corridors.Have to mention the room was big, bathroom and shower nice and clean. But even after bargaining hard I paid 2000inr for the room (premium room) which was terrible value. Even after my complaints about the dead bugs in the bed sheets all I got as an answer was "sorry. "

Not recommended.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank audiopink
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

Govind and his family and staff made my first trip to India much smoother than I imagined it would be. They were all very warm and accommodating. When a bigger room opened up after the first night, they notified me of this and helped me move my things over. The rooms were clean and well maintained.

My only issue was with the comfort of the beds but they were swapping out mattresses for new ones the day we left so I am sure that helped the problem.

The food was great and very consistent.

The spa services were nice and very reasonable.

They also have laundry service which was quick.

I absolutely will be staying here again when I return.

Villamartin, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

We came here for a total of 7 days with a group and we loved our stay. The highlight of this hotel is the staff - they are friendly, honest, and incredibly helpful. We felt comfortable and safe for our entire stay. Lovely yoga rooms, good food, and if the wifi breaks down (which it does everywhere) they will fix it for you in a second. Don't stay anywhere else in Rishikesh!!!

Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a week. Because it was newly opened, maids were not well trained for bed making and cleaning the room. The hotel provides yoga classes on the top floor. When no class was held, I could always use the place for self training. Compare to other hotels in ths area, this is one of the most wonderful hotels.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Steamboat Springs, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

Much like the hotel's name, Nirvana Palace is place of Bliss. The authentic heartfelt care and service of the entire staff, the beautiful decor, the cleanliness, the delicious food, the exotic spa services, the spacious yoga studios, and the comfort of the hotel provided a luxurious landing spot to explore Rishikesh and surrounding areas. I will hold the mystical experiences of the Hindi culture, the Ganges River, the Himalayas, and Nirvana's hospitality close to my heart. I highly recommend choosing Nirvana Palace as part of your integrated experience and destination in India!