“Excellent cuisine and experience”

60's (Cafe Delmar/Beatles Cafe)
Ranked #9 of 200 Restaurants in Rishikesh
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed May 15, 2019

Rishkesh is a very special place and has lots of interesting eateries. We found the Beatles Cafe after a recommendation. I must say the best veggie burger i have ever had. Good service, food was well presented and good value for money.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed May 15, 2019 via mobile

The music and views are what had me coming back to this place. The food was good but just that, not incredible or memorable. The portion sizes for the curry are massive (enough for 2 if shared with rice and breads). The western dishes are smaller portions though.
The service is what let's this place downbeat massively though. I went here 3 times during my stay, each time I sat down waiting for workers (who had seen me walk in) to come over and give me a menu. Unfortunately on more than one occasion I had to go ask for a menu. On one occasion I had to go up and even order my food as the waiters would not come over. And on all occasions I had to go up and pay as no one would collect the plates in order for me to ask them for the bill. All of these times it was never busy either. And they never appeared to be short staffed. It was just like they didn't care. Shame really as I had been here 2 years ago and it seemed totally different.
So if you're massively into 60s music and want a good view then go here. But there are much cheaper and tastier places in town where the service is also good.

Date of visit: May 2019
MSinghSengar, Owner at 60's (Cafe Delmar/Beatles Cafe), responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2019

Dear Travelling guest,

Greetings from the Sunny Himalayas!!!

Thank you for dining with us at 60's Cafe Delmar/ Beatles Cafe, Rishikesh. Thank you for taking the time out to give us your feedback on Trip Advisor. Please accept our profuse apologies for the unpleasant experience you had on your visit.

We value your constructive feedback and are most concerned to know that your dining was not up to the bespoke experience that we strive to offer to our patrons. We immensely thank you for the feedback you have shared and we have seriously noted all the stated points.

Your feedback has been taken up on a very serious note with our Service team. At 60's, we would positively consider your candid feedback and would do whatever possible to ensure that none of our guests are disappointed. We consider this incident as a learning curve and will ensure that it doesn’t recur again.

All guest requests are taken care of with great precision to prevent such future repeat occurrences and guest dissatisfaction. This is certainly not indicative of the service levels that we pride ourselves on and we hope that you are able to forgive us for our shortcomings.

Warm regards,

Rishikesh, India

sengar@the60s.in
greenhillsrishikesh.com

Reviewed May 5, 2019 via mobile

Having heard about it so much , I decided to visit this place this time. The view from the place is definitely amazing. However, the food adds to the delight. The Pizza we ordered alongwith the watermelon juice made the visit worth.

Reviewed April 29, 2019

Really nice vibe with good music. Excellent quality food, the burgers and fries and sandwiches are great, as is the Indian food. We went every day during our 5 days in Rishikesh.

Don't miss the ice coffee.

Reviewed April 25, 2019 via mobile

We went there based on TripAdvisor review, and were very glad we did! This is such a nice place to stay in, with great interior, music and view. It gives a good rest from the noisy Indian streets.

After having our dinner there our first of two nights in Rishikesh, we decided to have a quick lunch there the next day, as well as the dinner on day two. We are usually curious to try new places, but were so content with everything at this restaurant that we preferred returning. We usually drink beer or wine, but didn’t miss it, because they have a great menu for drinks. We especially liked the ice coffee (which we had four of in total) and the apple/ginger/lemon juice.

We ate Palak Paneer, lasagna (with bechamel), vegan pizza and pakode. All very good. A little tip to the chef is to have thicker onion rings in the pakode. This tiny detail does however not lower this restaurant from a well deserved 5.