Seventh Heaven Inn Rishikesh
$63
  • Breakfast included
$200
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsstuffed tomatoesother guestswonderful hostshome from homelovely guesthousequiet areayoga spacelaxman jhula bridgestay nightsrooms are spaciouseach morningspent a weekwe loved our staysolo femaleperfect stayyogurtsmall balcony
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I stayed at Seventh Heaven just over three weeks and it quickly started to feel like my home away from home. The rooms are spacious, light, airy and clean. Situated slightly off the beaten path and a bit removed from all the hullabaloo of town, it felt like a wonderful refuge to come home to everyday. In addition to the stellar accommodations the staff is incredibly welcoming and genuine. The rooftop restaurant is very casual, (almost feels like your own kitchen! ) and serves delicious home cooked food, made to order. I had a really fantastic experience at Seventh Heaven and I will surely stay again the next time I’m in Rishikesh.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Perfect place to stay.

Warm welcome.

Lovely room, clean, colourful and very comfortable.

Kind and helpful staff.

Delicious food, freshly cooked to order.

I was travelling alone and felt completely safe.

I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: A/c rooms were larger with private balcony ( narrow but good for laundry) and good view of hills. Remaining rooms were well set out with big, shared balcony area. I tried both as having extended my stay , the air conditioned rooms were pre-booked and so I had to cross the landing!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 11, 2013

This is a lovely, bright, clean hotel; it's just a shame it's in dirty Rishikesh. The town is filthy and the surrounding paths are quite dirty too. Still, this was the nicest place I saw in the town. The rooms are light and airy with wifi and good showers. We were upgraded as it was low season which was nice of the manager to do. There is a roof terrace where breakfast is served and meals can also be ordered from a small menu. There is a lovely family that runs it and they are very helpful in providing whatever you might need. The only bad thing is that the location isn't great if you want to venture out for dinner as it's a ten minute walk along dark, dirty lanes till you get to the main bridge.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank owl_428
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

We arrived tired and dusty from a long car journey and were rewarded with peace as tranquility. This place is wonderful - the rooms are great and have idyllic views and the roof terrace for meals ( all delicious) is stunning. Calum was a fantastic host, telling us all the info we needed and arranging private yoga lessons for us(highly recommended!)
I can't praise this place enough- it's a quiet non pretentious little paradise and we loved our stay here!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank travellingsal
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Seventh Heaven was the reason I ended up staying in Rishikesh almost two full weeks! After two weeks of traveling across western India, I felt immediately at home at S.H. I loved the location, tucked away enough to be quiet at night and off of the main road, but close enough to town to walk to yoga, food, and shopping. The food at the restaurant was wonderful, but I would recommend keeping your own detailed tab if you are charging meals to your room. I had laundry done, and while it seemed a bit expensive ($7 for a small bag of items), it was very well cleaned and came back the same day.

Kalam and his staff are absolutely wonderful and thoughtful, and Kalam himself even took me to the hospital during a small bout of sickness. Ganges-facing rooms have great views, but all the rooms (of which there are only 6, a great, quiet atmosphere) are well-cleaned and toilet paper and towels are always available. Great price, caring staff, and an amazing location! Would highly recommend Seventh Heaven.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends