All reviews home away from home yoga space standard room rooms are spacious yogurt himalayan foothills soul cafe laxman jhula wonderful stay top floor delicious food the main road paratha charlotte kalam india pia
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I arrived here at 7am, shown immediately to my room,I was left to rest before checking in. The rooms are plain white, beautifully co-ordinated with simple touches like bedside lamps, ample plug sockets, switches marked with what they do so you don't have to try five different ones to turn a light on, and taps marked hot and cold. It all makes life easier and you can tell thought has gone into the place. The mattresses on the beds are simply the best, memory foam, warm and comfortable, I loved that bed!

Kalam and Charlotte are more than owners they are amazing hosts, going out of their way to help with whatever you need or want, sharing knowledge not just of Rishikesh but also other parts of India. The hotel also attracts some lovely people and the roof top dining area was a great place to meet other people, as was the lobby with its comfy chairs and sofa. You could sit there and quietly browse the Internet or chat with Charlotte and Kalam.

The food was also high quality, fresh brewed coffee, fab breakfasts, mushrooms, tomatoes and scrambled eggs served with good quality bread. If you want something specific for dinner do speak with them as they will do their best to cater for you.

The hotel is a ten minute walk from the Laxman Jhula Bridge, in Tapovan, so you are away from the hustle and bustle, however you're close to the Anand Prakash Ashram which has excellent yoga at 6am and a short walk to Ramana's Garden, a great restaurant serving a good cause.

I will definitely be returning to Seventh Heaven, and I would recommend it as a great place to stay.

Room Tip: You can get wifi in room 3, on the first floor, if you don't mind sitting on the end of the bed!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Sarvegetable
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We had an absolutely wonderful week at Seventh Heaven. The rooms are spotless and spacious and have a homely feel to them, as does the entire complex. The owners are superfriendly and helpful. We initially wanted to stay for three nights but we eventually stayed for a full week mainly due to this warm and charming place.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MauritsBos1980
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I brought several friends to Rishikesh in October and all agreed that Seventh Heaven was one of the best places that we stayed. From the very first email to waving goodbye at the gate it was a wonderful experience. Charlotte and Kalam went out of their way to accomodate us all and were extremely helpful throughout our stay. The hotel isn't far from Laxman Jhula but it's far enough to be out of the hustle and bustle; the food and the view at the rooftop restaurant was great! Thank you Charlotte & Kalam, I look forward to seeing you again next time!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Gill M
Reviewed January 12, 2013

In November I stayed at this wonderful guest house in Rishikesh, India along with three other women. The place is lovely, clean and comfortable, and the view from the roof top is magnificent. Charlotte and Kalam, owner/operators, are delightful and made us feel like we were all friends. They go out of their way to be helpful. The food was good, and the rooms are kept very clean. The staff are wonderful, kind and friendly people. This is a wonderful venue for first-time visitors to Rishikesh or for those like myself, who make travel to Rishikesh an annual event. Namaste

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank hdoyle2013
Reviewed January 1, 2013

My visit to Rishikesh was amazing and the excellent accommodations at the Seventh Heaven Inn made everything so much better. At the end of each day I had an excellent room to return to and relax, go over my day and plan the next. My room was clean, bright, and comfortable with all the modern amenities. From my balcony I could watch India wake up and begin its day. I so enjoyed my morning breakfast from the roof top, the fresh squeezed orange juice was delicious, and the staff could not have been more helpful. Thank you to Charlotte and Kalam for all you help and advise on what to see and do and for making my stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends