All reviews home away from home yoga space laxman jhula bridge standard room stay nights quiet area each morning rooms are spacious yogurt small balcony himalayan foothills soul cafe a wonderful stay away from the hustle and bustle top floor min walk tasty food
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I could not recommend Seventh Heaven enough. My boyfriend and I spent a week here in October and felt like it was the perfect base for two first timers in Rishikesh; a place which I often described during our time there as a 'feast on the mind' - much to the amusement of my companion.. the hotel is walking distance to Laxman Jula but slightly tucked away enabling you to relax and take stock of all the mad and wonderful things that are taking place along the throng of the river.

The property is charmingly friendly and this is all down to the owners/hosts Charlotte and Kalam. Their authentic care and attention to detail resonates everywhere in this hotel. One of the highlights for me during what was a truly memorable week were the daily meals on the rooftop - we met so many different people from different parts of the world and I felt like it made the whole experience all the more gratifying as we got to hear people's personal stories and the various reasons and circumstances for bringing them to this very interesting part of India.

I would definitely recommend staying here - it will always have a special place in my heart. It was the base of a true adventure that will remain with us forever.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AysemMonaco
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I was recomended this hotel by a friend and would absolutley recomend this clean,friendly perfectley situated hotel to anyone else. After staying in an ashram for several days I wanted to pamper myself with good food hot shower and a comfortable bed so I came here and wasn't disapionted.What makes this hotel so special are the wonderful couple that run it.So helpful( I Forgot something in town and was given a lift on their scooter) kind(they prepared sandwiches for me for my long journey to dehli) and friendly. I will be coming back to seventh heaven as soon as possible. THANKYOU for everything!!!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank sjpenlington
Reviewed December 7, 2012

An Anglo-Indian collaboration which has got everything just about right.

Excellent value, clean, modern, airy hotel, with large comfortable rooms. Each room is decorated to give a modern yet Indian feel.

Charlotte and Kalam cannot do enough to help.

Fast wi-fi is available in reception.

Meals are held in a communal atmosphere on the hotel's rooftop. Good, simple, Indian fare.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tim H
Reviewed December 6, 2012

We spent 4 nights recently at Seventh Heaven in Rishikesh. From the moment we arrived, Charlotte and Kalam were so welcoming and helpful. The hotel is reasonably new and our room was large, even though it was only a standard room, with a shared balcony off the front. Oth the room and bathroom were spotless. There is a restaurant on the roof which serves food throughout the day. The breakfasts are delicious and the fruit salad I had each morning was overflowing in the bowl. The food is very good and their Dhal Makanhi is to die for although not good for the waistline!
In regards to location, it is a short 5 minute walk down the hill to the main area of Rishikesh where there is shopping and a number of restaurants and only a short 2-3min walk up to the main road where rickshaws etc will drop you off. It is a very quiet location and quite nice to not be right I the middle of main area. We walked at night and just took a torch, the area is very safe with many people about.
We were actually only supposed to stay 3 nights, however due to missing a waitlisted train, we stayed 4. Charlotte and Kalam were very helpful in suggesting alternative methods of transport for our onward travel.
I would definitely recommend staying at Seventh Inn, if we were to head back to Rishikesh I would be booking in here for sure!

Room Tip: The wind howls round the hotel at night.... Bring some warm clothes for the evening!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Seventh heaven Inn is such a beautiful place, where we felt like home straight from the beginning. Charlotte and Kalam gave us a warm welcome and treated us like family and friends. Always helpful and caring. Our room was very clean and spacious and beautiful sunlight filled the room during the day. It's absolutely quiet at night, so a relaxing sleep is guaranteed :)
The food here is amazing and always freshly cooked.
A great highlight is the spacious sunny rooftop terrace with a great view of the mountains. Ideal for relaxing and drinking a freshly cooked chai or lemon ginger tea.
The staff Kailash and Mamta are always helpful and friendly, cooking the most amazing foods.
If we ever come back to India again, this would be our first choice to stay again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple