All reviewshome away from homeyoga spacelaxman jhula bridgestandard roomstay nightsquiet areaeach morningrooms are spaciousyogurtsmall balconyhimalayan foothillssoul cafea wonderful stayaway from the hustle and bustletop floormin walktasty food
Reviewed December 7, 2012

An Anglo-Indian collaboration which has got everything just about right.

Excellent value, clean, modern, airy hotel, with large comfortable rooms. Each room is decorated to give a modern yet Indian feel.

Charlotte and Kalam cannot do enough to help.

Fast wi-fi is available in reception.

Meals are held in a communal atmosphere on the hotel's rooftop. Good, simple, Indian fare.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tim H
Reviewed December 6, 2012

We spent 4 nights recently at Seventh Heaven in Rishikesh. From the moment we arrived, Charlotte and Kalam were so welcoming and helpful. The hotel is reasonably new and our room was large, even though it was only a standard room, with a shared balcony off the front. Oth the room and bathroom were spotless. There is a restaurant on the roof which serves food throughout the day. The breakfasts are delicious and the fruit salad I had each morning was overflowing in the bowl. The food is very good and their Dhal Makanhi is to die for although not good for the waistline!
In regards to location, it is a short 5 minute walk down the hill to the main area of Rishikesh where there is shopping and a number of restaurants and only a short 2-3min walk up to the main road where rickshaws etc will drop you off. It is a very quiet location and quite nice to not be right I the middle of main area. We walked at night and just took a torch, the area is very safe with many people about.
We were actually only supposed to stay 3 nights, however due to missing a waitlisted train, we stayed 4. Charlotte and Kalam were very helpful in suggesting alternative methods of transport for our onward travel.
I would definitely recommend staying at Seventh Inn, if we were to head back to Rishikesh I would be booking in here for sure!

Room Tip: The wind howls round the hotel at night.... Bring some warm clothes for the evening!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Seventh heaven Inn is such a beautiful place, where we felt like home straight from the beginning. Charlotte and Kalam gave us a warm welcome and treated us like family and friends. Always helpful and caring. Our room was very clean and spacious and beautiful sunlight filled the room during the day. It's absolutely quiet at night, so a relaxing sleep is guaranteed :)
The food here is amazing and always freshly cooked.
A great highlight is the spacious sunny rooftop terrace with a great view of the mountains. Ideal for relaxing and drinking a freshly cooked chai or lemon ginger tea.
The staff Kailash and Mamta are always helpful and friendly, cooking the most amazing foods.
If we ever come back to India again, this would be our first choice to stay again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 1, 2012

After a heavenly stay for almost two weeks at Seventh Heaven, the least I can do to express my gratitude to Charlotte and Kalam is to share my experience with trip advisor community.
I strongly feel that they both go above and beyond as hosts with their genuine kindness and generosity to make their guests as comfortable as possible and very well taken care of, beyond what can be expected at any great guest house (and by that i mean, for example, making sure I get coffee very early in the morning before I leave for yoga practice, offering a ride to the other side of town in the chilly mornings and fulfilling any need with a huge smile...)
In addition, the rooms are spacious, tastefully decorated and are spotless clean. The food is freshly cooked to order by Kailash, at the rooftop restaurant and is wholesome and absolutely delicious.
In short, perfect in every way! Can't wait to come back...

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank galit c
Reviewed November 25, 2012

My daughter and I arrived at 4.00 in the morning to hot tea and a smiling Kalam. We were again warmly greeted on the roof top terrace by Charlotte the following morning . The genuine care and attention by both hosts was reflected everywhere in the guesthouse. Our room was clean and spacious with gorgeous splashes of colour. Information and assistance was also offered and provided to enhance our time at Rishikesh and we met some delightful fellow guests . i highly recommend Seventh Heaven and plan to return there on my next trip wishing i could have stayed much longer this last time round
Angela from Melbourne Australia