All reviewshome away from homeyoga spacestandard roomlaxman jhula bridgestay nightsquiet areaeach morningrooms are spaciousyogurtsmall balconyhimalayan foothillssoul cafea wonderful stayguest houseaway from the hustle and bustletop floormin walk
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Seventh heaven Inn is such a beautiful place, where we felt like home straight from the beginning. Charlotte and Kalam gave us a warm welcome and treated us like family and friends. Always helpful and caring. Our room was very clean and spacious and beautiful sunlight filled the room during the day. It's absolutely quiet at night, so a relaxing sleep is guaranteed :)
The food here is amazing and always freshly cooked.
A great highlight is the spacious sunny rooftop terrace with a great view of the mountains. Ideal for relaxing and drinking a freshly cooked chai or lemon ginger tea.
The staff Kailash and Mamta are always helpful and friendly, cooking the most amazing foods.
If we ever come back to India again, this would be our first choice to stay again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 1, 2012

After a heavenly stay for almost two weeks at Seventh Heaven, the least I can do to express my gratitude to Charlotte and Kalam is to share my experience with trip advisor community.
I strongly feel that they both go above and beyond as hosts with their genuine kindness and generosity to make their guests as comfortable as possible and very well taken care of, beyond what can be expected at any great guest house (and by that i mean, for example, making sure I get coffee very early in the morning before I leave for yoga practice, offering a ride to the other side of town in the chilly mornings and fulfilling any need with a huge smile...)
In addition, the rooms are spacious, tastefully decorated and are spotless clean. The food is freshly cooked to order by Kailash, at the rooftop restaurant and is wholesome and absolutely delicious.
In short, perfect in every way! Can't wait to come back...

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank galit c
Reviewed November 25, 2012

My daughter and I arrived at 4.00 in the morning to hot tea and a smiling Kalam. We were again warmly greeted on the roof top terrace by Charlotte the following morning . The genuine care and attention by both hosts was reflected everywhere in the guesthouse. Our room was clean and spacious with gorgeous splashes of colour. Information and assistance was also offered and provided to enhance our time at Rishikesh and we met some delightful fellow guests . i highly recommend Seventh Heaven and plan to return there on my next trip wishing i could have stayed much longer this last time round
Angela from Melbourne Australia

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 23, 2012

What an amazing guesthouse; it truly is home from home. I arrived on my own after travelling 2 days to get to Rishikesh from the UK and was warmly welcomed by Charlotte and Kalam. They truly go out of their way to make you stay as enjoyable, and knowledgeable as possible. I was going to stay here and then find an ashram, but as the room was so beautiful and I had constant wifi in my room - and because the other guests staying here were so nice - I decided to do yoga around the area and stay having all my home comforts. At one point, when I was so sick with flu and couldn't leave my bed, Charlotte and Kalam made sure I had everything I needed. The food is great and the Daal Makhani that Kailash the cook makes is absolutely divine. I found myself eating the Daal Makhani nearly every night - as well as interspersing with the stuffed tomato and paneer dish. I would highly recommend Seventh Heaven - it is true to its name ( I've looked around the area, and this is by far the most beautiful and welcoming guesthouse I've seen.) There is also the most amazing Osho Mediation centre (if you're into trying that sort of thing) a stone's throw away, as well as an ashram you can drop in for great yoga classes. A wonderful stay. I shall be back.

Room Tip: First floor had wifi. 2nd floor and rooftop restaurant had great views.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We have just returned from a delightful two weeks at Seventh Heaven. Kalam and Charlotte are wonderful hosts who go out of their way to make sure one’s stay is the most pleasant possible. The are not only most accommodating regarding one's needs at Seventh Heaven, but also help with planning activities in Rishikesh and dealing with day to day questions that come up.
Our room was large, comfortable, had a view of the foothills of the Himalayas and, most important, was spotlessly clean. We ate many of our meals in the lovely rooftop restaurant and enjoyed everything we tried – we highly recommend the tomatoes stuffed with paneer! We have no hesitation at all in recommending Seventh Heaven for anyone planning on visiting Rishikesh. Thank you, Charlotte and Kalam!

Room Tip: We liked room 4 on the Himalayan side of the building.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple