“Even the server was attentive”
Review of Oasis

Oasis
Ranked #71 of 151 Restaurants in Rishikesh
Reviewed November 21, 2013

The place is located on the third floor of a building but easily accessible from two entrances. It provides an excellent view of the Ganges, Trayambakeshwar Temple and the famous bridge.

I ordered Dhal Makani with chapati with ginger honey lemon drink. I have learned to instruct every Indian eating place to take it easy on the salt because every place I have eaten, their food is salty. So my food came with decent taste. I even ordered pastry to go.

The server was very attentive and kept checking on me. In the end, we chatted. He is a young Nepali who's only been in India a few months.

Though they are located on top and the place is generally sanitary for Indian standards, there are annoying flies hovering around.

The overall experience was great ignoring the flies,

4  Thank Indiana_Jonesse
There are newer reviews for Oasis

Reviewed October 28, 2013

It was convenient from our hotel to have breakfast. This is one of the couple of restaurant that are in the Swiss cottages area. They all seem to have a similar menu....so a little boring. They could really make lots of improvements. Did enjoy the fresh pineapple juice! Even though I feared for my health very time I drank it. Still alive and not sick.

2  Thank Pilarcity
Reviewed October 27, 2013

The food is fine and value for money, but need to improve the quality of break fast. I really surprise when asked for butter garlic toast, where found lots semi fried garlic which make the dish horrible.

However the other food like Pizza, Choclate Custard are very good.

2  Thank B P
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I love this place. When I was there (June-July 2013) unfortunately they didn't have wifi, which would have been the icing on the cake. However, having stayed in Rishikesh for two months, I felt that their food was a cut above most of the other places I ate at. Their ingredients just seemed to be fresher than in other places, and only once did I get a meal that I felt wasn't completely fresh. The speed of service is fantastic too, one of the best (although of course I was there in low season, so it was never completely jammed).

The one negative for me were the insane amount of flies, which sometimes forced me to use one hand to eat and the other as a sort of human fan to ensure the flies were kept away from my food.

The staff by the way are all extremely friendly, and if you happen to enjoy chess they were almost always whiling away their free time with this board game. If you ask them for a game, I'm sure they'd happily oblige.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

we stayed at the upper of this restaurant so that we had many chances to go this Oasis restaurant, we tried some breakfast menus, food is ok, staffs are friendly, but it's just ok, not good or not very tasty, little expensive compared to the other restaurants around here. 1-2 times are enough, oh you can have free wifi here, that's good point.