“I ate here every day!”
Review of Oasis

Oasis
Ranked #72 of 152 Restaurants in Rishikesh
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I love this place. When I was there (June-July 2013) unfortunately they didn't have wifi, which would have been the icing on the cake. However, having stayed in Rishikesh for two months, I felt that their food was a cut above most of the other places I ate at. Their ingredients just seemed to be fresher than in other places, and only once did I get a meal that I felt wasn't completely fresh. The speed of service is fantastic too, one of the best (although of course I was there in low season, so it was never completely jammed).

The one negative for me were the insane amount of flies, which sometimes forced me to use one hand to eat and the other as a sort of human fan to ensure the flies were kept away from my food.

The staff by the way are all extremely friendly, and if you happen to enjoy chess they were almost always whiling away their free time with this board game. If you ask them for a game, I'm sure they'd happily oblige.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

we stayed at the upper of this restaurant so that we had many chances to go this Oasis restaurant, we tried some breakfast menus, food is ok, staffs are friendly, but it's just ok, not good or not very tasty, little expensive compared to the other restaurants around here. 1-2 times are enough, oh you can have free wifi here, that's good point.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Wi-Fi is a real necessity for me and it was working here 95% of the time (great for India) and was free.

Food was good and well priced. Lot's of people from all over the world with many of them happy to talk.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

This is my favourite western restaurant in this part of town. Service is good although they get confused sometimes (one reminder is all that is needed unlike other western restaurants close by).
The hummus and mixed grilled vegetables dishes here are amazing. After 5 months in India and having missed no food from home their rosemary roasted potatoes have changed that. Good food and lovely cosy environment.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

The inside is cozy, the food is a bit above average. They offer a number of Russian and Ukraininan dishes all of which are absolutely not what one would expect to be served with. Indian dishes are well done. Sizzlers are probably best in town. Pizzas are okay. The waiter could be a bully.