“A Wow Experience”
Review of Camp Ganga Riviera

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rishikesh
Camp Ganga Riviera
Reviewed August 2, 2013

The booking procedure is quick and hassle free. The moment you reach, u take a walk downhill for almost 2 kms, that itself freshens u up. Our room was right on the riverside with a white sand beach in front. The first thing we did was cliff jumping, which was very exciting. The staff was so patient and encouraging with the people who were scared to jump. We could cover almost everything the same day. Canoeing, waterfalls, rappelling, bonfire and volleyball, and had the entire next day for rafting. The food is like home cooked. Simple and nice. I wish they could serve tea/coffee in room and provide charging points for phone, else everything was super good. Staff is very courteous and hospitable. Had an unforgettable time there.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the riverside.
Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I visited this camp last week and the moment we reached there, it was pure bliss. The 2 Km trek to the camp - which cuts it off from the main badrinath highway , makes it completely quiet and relaxing. Friendly attitude of there staff is also appreciated. Full marks on the food quality as well, the food is simple but tasty. There adventure activities are also well planned and executed.
The only thing which can be worked upon is room service of few items , like tea and coffee. A great place to spend a relaxing and adventurous weekend.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Dear Puja and Anil,

I would like to start my review with a big thank you !! I know i am writing this a tad bit late so excuse me for that but that is my life in Mumbai, work work. What can i say abt Camp Ganga Riviera (CGR). It was amazing, fantastic, brilliant, superb and on and on. I will fall short of adjectives i think in describing my as well as my group's experience for the 5 days we spent there.

This was a holiday like i never had before. Really !! I used to wonder how come you guys found this place and i am really glad you did. The location is so serene. The calmness in the atmosphere there through out the day is simply brilliant. Its such an out of the world location. No mechanical sounds, no vehicle honks just the Great Ganga and the fauna living near it. Sky so clear you can never imagine to see it in Mumbai or Baroda. Initially when i came to know that there is no electricity my immediate reaction was how will i charge my mobile ? What will i do when its dead ? But later when the battery died off i was glad that it happened !! No connection to the outside world. Jus me and my friends and your CGR team and fun started :)

The CGR team you have is really friendly and in fact naturally friendly, like its in their nature !! We didnt have demands but for some tiny miny ones they did cater us :) Anuj was a really nice person. And all of us enjoyed his stories abt rafting and trekking and exploring :) Virendra and Rahul who were with us almost all the time were very friendly too and participated in our activities too. We never felt like they were our guides it felt as if they were a part of our group.

The activities you have there are very exciting. We loved to explore your camp. I personally loved the water activities. I have swam in the sea, different lakes and rivers, even a few check dams, but nothing matched the feeling i had while swimming in the Ganga !! It was so soothing, the flow being so fast and with the chilly water it still felt soothing. And as every one in your camp said that the water has powers and i totally agree. The swimming was different, not for a moment i felt fear in unknown waters.

Rafting activity was the best. The guides and the safety kayaker were nice too. We liked how they mixed fun with the adventure and how they kept our safety in mind was really good to see (safety check was there through out our stay and that was really really good to see). The thrill you get in the rapids from marine drive to rishikesh are mind blowing. And we cant wait to do it again !!

Another highlight of your camp was the food. It was so delicious !! YUMMMMYYYYY !! The variety we got was surprising too !! But i cant tell you enough of about the taste. Really delicious. I in fact even offered your cook to come with to Mumbai :) ;) The hospitality was really warm, even though there were jus the 4 of us, your team didn't take us for granted.

On the night we came to CGR and after we were given a briefing abt your camp, Anuj said "Sir, we do not serve leisure, We serve adventure." And you guys truly did :) along with a lot of love and hospitality :):)

Now we are back in our respective schedules but i tell you honestly we cant wait to come back to CGR and i definitely will. I hope to meet you guys the next time i come. Thank you once again Puja and Anil. Please pass on our thanks and this email to your staff and especially to Anuj. Say hi to them on our behalf and also to Masti :)

We regret any inconvenience caused during our stay. And thank you one more time.

Bye Bye and Best of luck :)

Room Tip: Any tent would do !! All tents are located near the banks and are truly wonderful !!
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Well one Thursday we discussed a plan for river rafting, Friday we made our bookings and Saturday we were there. I chose Camp Ganga Riviera after reading about it on tripadvisor and like always the experience was a memorable one. Most of it was amazing and what ever was not was actually turned around by Mr. Anil. Great guy with great team and greater place. 2-3 kms walk to the camp is also quite nice and all of us (my office team) really enjoyed it.
Special mention: The air conditioning of our bus broke down on the way to the camp and even though it had nothing to do with the camp as it was booked separately, Mr. Anil arranged for another bus within few hours notice for us to come back home. I can actually go on and on praising the place and the people but its best to be experienced on your own.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

I visited GV camp in April 2011 and again last weknd and i must say there is something about this camp tht keep on bringing me back to this place only....

CGV is the idle place for people who wants to stay away from the fast life of social networking,meeting deadlines and sales target....trust me you will forget all the luxury comfort u have at ur home and will find a peacefull experience in those tents which have v basic amenities, but still it full fills all your requirement.

Too start with CGV has one of the best location around for camping....its a huge place were u have options to choose as in which type of terrain u want around your tents....they have option of beach surround....green surrounding and also tents placed over concrete base.

Washrooms are v clean and the best part is they are made of concrete so u don't have to experience the blast furnace heat during the day time....some people might not find it convincing as they want to experience the tent style washroom and loo but I will say 'Been there and Done That' I don't want my time of zen to be out focused by the sun's heat.

If u want to enjoy ur stay in the camp try to reach this place by 10-11 max as then u will have the entire day to experience various activities the camp offer....

CGV location is quiet near to the Waterfall....so u don't have to walk a mile or so to reach the spot....waterfall trek is quiet fun as it requires you too climb up through rope from the waterfall to reach the spot.....one can float around in the small pool around the waterfall....

Next comes the best part of the activities (Rafting tops though) Cliff Jumping.....CGV is the only camp who have there own cliff jumping point, with range from low height,medium to Hard....so every one can enjoy it....all the safety precautions are there to not just help u but to motivate u as well....because for people with hydrophobia, it will require a lot of motivation from friends as well as the instructor to over come it.....but one splash and all ur fears are gone.

For people who wants to try there hand at kayaking,this too is available at the camp....

Post that a harm cup of tea/coffee with some smacking pakoras is what awaits you.....

CGV has a nice place setup for bonfire....which is best enjoyed with a chilled Beer ;)
But don't worry about how it will be chilled because u have the GANGES...so just sit back and enjoy...

Sleeping under the star is my favourite...as the sky looks awesome and crystal clear....so sit on the sand and enjoy the view....

U can start ur Rafting right from the camp...so u don't have to carry up ur stuff,that will be taken care of by the camp people....its a nice stretch for rafting....with lots of option to hit out rapids....Body surfing etc...

All together a v nice place to go....Mr Anil is quiet enthu in helping u plan ur trip and wants u too enjoy max at the camp.....Also Camp manager Anuj is a nice and humble guy....always there to help....

Cheers CGV...LOOKING FORWARD TO MY NEXT TRIP ALREADY :)

2  Thank Varunquotes
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Amazing experience!!. I will recommend it to everyone. I appreciate Mr. Anil and his people taking care of this property so well. Everything from flora to their special waterfall and food, all was great. Most camps at Rishikesh are now crowded, boring and dirty but this one was just the opposite. Thanks for providing us a great experience. This camp is a little far off route but worth the extra travel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Hi,

CGR is one of the best ones available in the commercial market of Rishikesh. Have been a regular visitor for the last 7 years. The best property, beaches, services, adventures activities and food in place.

I would leave no stone unturned to recommend people for this place. Have been recommending at large through personal contacts so far. And now through this forum....

Anil and Puja.....great show.....keep up the good spirit.

For more details please call +91-9873797787