“Great location & comfortable”
Review of Hotel Ganesha Inn

Hotel Ganesha Inn
Ranked #21 of 62 Hotels in Rishikesh
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Once again TripAdvisor was helpful in guidance. We travelled from Dhanolti( a beautiful drive indeed) to Rishikesh and drove straight to the hotel which is centrally located in Tapovan area close to Laxman Jhula. We had room no. 401 on the top floor with awesome view of Ganga and Ram Jhula and the forested hills around.The room was clean/ comfortable and thankfully had a tea/coffee maker. The breakfast was sufficient but cold.I would definitely recommend my friends this reasonably good hotel.

Room Tip: Choose to stay on the top floor with the covered terrace
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for four nights and only the view out the window was amazing.

The rooms were basic and the shower is not separated from the rest of bathroom. The AC is either on or off and without remote.

I found breakfast an issue. They say 800-10am but they told us 830am to 1030am. This is unreasonable since most yoga classes start at 8am or earlier. If you do stay here and want to do lots of yoga. Perhaps get the room rates without breakfast. (200 rupees cheaper)

This hotel is 10 minutes from the 60's Diner, which was tasty, and 15 minutes away from German bakery. It is far from most ashrams though we went to Kriya yoga ashram. (10 min away and rad!)

They did exchange currency at descent rate. The staff do try to be helpful.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank theoworld
Reviewed September 1, 2013

The Ganesha Inn may as well be a four star hotel as far as South Asia is concerned. The room was very comfortable and clean, and the hot water always worked. The air conditioning and TV both operated very well. The view of the river from the hotel was beautiful. The restaurant was comfortable and the food was delicious. The staff were kind and very hospitable, especially the manager, Manish, who was happy to answer any questions about getting around Rishikesh and the culture there. I had separated from my travel buddy before coming to Rishikesh, and Manish was happy to show me around when I wasn't sure where to go. Thanks for the hospitality!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Rachel B
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Probably One of the best hotels near Lakshman Jhula. Just walking distance from the swinging bridge. Hotel Staff is very courteous. I checked in with 4 of my friends early in the morning at 8. They immediately arrange us with the room without any early check- in charge.
Room was pre booked.
Neat and clean room with nice view to Ganges. All good restaurants are nearby.
Good beds with clean and soft mattress.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms overlooking river Ganges i.e, on the 1st and 2nd floor corner rooms at the back
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank amigotarun
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Well, we booked the hotel from 15th August 2012 - 18th, but because of delay in Rajdhani for about 8 hours we missed the connecting train, hence we reached at 16th, and to our surprise, the manager did not billed us for the 1st day!!

The view from our rooms are great!! Rooms service food quality are great. They also arranged Cabs for Sighseeing and Drop to Mussourie. And you can hear the soothing sound of river flowing from the room itself.

Only Con i could find is that rooms are little small and also the Washrooms are small too!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank sumitdasonline
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Hotel Ganesha is one of the best hotels I had every stayed in (and I travel a lot, both for business and pleasure). What sets it aside? Incredible level of customer service. You feel like a royalty and when dealing with a hotel management you feel you are talking with a long time friend who looks out for your needs in every possible way. Manish, the hotel owner, is fantastic! He took care of our train station pick-up and drop-off, worked with us on the sightseeing package and arranged few experiences that were totally not part of the standard itinerary (like bathing in Gangas away from the standard not-so-clean ghats and curious stares of locals). He gave us wonderful advice and even went out of his way to drop us off on his personal motorcycle. It is a level of dedication and customer service I had only seen before in 5 star hotels with a triple digit hefty price tag, and hotel Ganesha is very wallet friendly. I was doing budget traveling and it was very affordable. I loved the location too - it stands right on the Ganges riverbank, so our balcony was facing the beautiful view of the river. The food served in a inn restaurant was delicious and fresh (and not overly oily & spicy like many other places) so we often ate directly there. The room was clean and airy. One morning we were greeted with a rare black-faced monkey staring at us from the balcony, I guess monkey also wanted to stay in Ganesha room :) It was absolutely fabulous experience and when I return back to Rishiskesh this is definitely a hotel where I will be staying again. I would recommend it in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Any room facing the Ganges with the balcony provides a beautiful view and a great place to have brea...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Valerie L
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Beatiful expreience, exxcellent food , The Manager/owner of the Hotel Mr Manish help me with lot
From the room have an excellent view . The Hotel is very clean and very well located
dont miss the excellent Ayurveda massages

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel