“Fun fun fun”

Cafe Moksh Society
Ranked #134 of 202 Restaurants in Rishikesh
Cuisines: Italian, Israeli
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Description: A friendly, homely café located on the banks of River Ganga in Laxman Jhula, Rishikesh, India. We serve Indian, Mexican, Israeli, Mediterranean, Continental and Italian food and, drinks with organic, vegan and gluten-free options.
Reviewed January 10, 2018 via mobile

A place with wonderful vibes.
Great nights with great food and great people from all around the world, jamming a great music together.
The staff are super nice and very caring.

Highly recommended!

Date of visit: November 2017
2  Thank bordeauxmoon

Reviewed November 23, 2017 via mobile

This place is truly something special. I came here on my last few days in Rishikesh with my guitar and all the guys there were so warm and inviting. They asked me to perform a gig on my last night in town and I agreed. I’d been before and seen the live jams but had only ever played at treehouse next door. I have to say, the vibes at this place are 1000 times better than treehouse just a few steps away. The staff do not walk around like they rule the joint and they are not rude and antagonising towards their customers. Furthermore, the food at Moksh is actually good - unlike its next door counterpart that frankly serves rubbish - I enjoyed one of the best Thalis and daal I’ve had during my stay in India. Anyway the night came along and it was beautiful, I put in a worthy performance too. All the friends my travel buddy and I had made over the previous weeks came and we all had a blast. The manager/owner there with the long hair is a total sweetheart. As I was leaving I asked him if I owed him anything for the food and drink. All he said was I owed him a hug! Amazing. They even insisted on taking us from the cafe to the bus terminal where we were to leave that night. I honestly don’t know why this place doesn’t get a better wrap, or why it doesn’t get as many people in as treehouse. In any case Moksh, don’t ever try to be like treehouse. The place is cool and the crowd is nice but it’s a complete managerial disaster. When I’m back in Rishikesh I’ll be sure to make a return visit.

Date of visit: November 2017
1  Thank Ash J
Reviewed October 21, 2017

This is the place to listen to some live Indian music while enjoying good dishes and sharing unforgettable moments with other backpackers.
Visitors can be brave and go to the stage to improvise some tunes or join other musicians.
A must-go place to have fun...

Date of visit: February 2017
1  Thank Javier A
Reviewed May 30, 2017 via mobile

We found this place through some of our friends. First time the cafe was full and Rahul the main guy there was trying hard to keep everyone happy and getting the orders. Though it took long time he did his best. Next time we dropped for movie night and had great time. Relaxed crowd and they don't push you to order. Food was reasonable. Thanks Rahul.

Date of visit: May 2017
1  Thank enigmaiyer
Reviewed April 10, 2017

i visited this place on the weekend. the staf is friendly and the food is amazing. the music is also good. they even have spare instruments for us to play. i recommend this place, if you are have a free evening and want to chill out with other nationals hearing to their stories and sharing your experience.

Date of visit: March 2017