“Wonderful Surprise in the Middle of Nowhere”

Garden and the Sea B&B Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 New Church B&B and Inns
“Wonderful Surprise in the Middle of Nowhere”
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I Just finished a weekend stay (sans childrenn!) and couldn't have been happier. While New Church may not seem like a destination....it actually gives you a perfect central location for everything from Chincoteague and bay side attractions to some of the best restaurants on the Eastern Shore. The Inn itself was a fabulous value for the price and hosts were extremely friendly and accommodating. Our room (Chardonay) was spacious and a VERY comfortable bed! The bathroom with the skylights, stained glass, double jacuzzi and chandelier was PERFECT for a couple taking a pre holiday break from their kids. Breakfast both days was fresh, flavorful and friendly. If you happen there on a banana-pecan French toast day...feel very lucky! The hosts restaurant recommendation was perfect for a romantic dinner. (The Palette) and overall it was just the break that we needed. There is no doubt that we will return to this B&B....one of the best values on The Eastern Shore

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Madelyn-Gabriella

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Edison, New Jersey, USA
Reviewed November 14, 2012

My girlfriend found this B&B and we came on down from New Jersey for her birthday last year. She has a Golden Retriever and we wanted to bring him too which was one of the attractions of the B&B. We stayed 3 nights and had a fantastic time. Thomas and Dorothee were fantastic hosts and so pleasant to be with. We had a fireplace and jacuzzi in our room and the room was very large. It was really 3 rooms, a living room, bedroom and bathroom and very comfortable. They had amenities for everyone, pets included. I enjoyed going over to the main room for a glass of sherry and a cookie. The breakfasts were great and they were not the expected breakfast either. We had a cherry/farina cake which I enjoyed so much I have made at home a few times. The other breakfasts we had were pumpkin pancakes and Dorothee's Eggs Benedict. The location was perfect, it was close to the national parks and bay but still extremely quiet and relaxing. We also enjoyed the other people we met there that weekend. It seems this B&B attracts nice people. We were talking about our stay last weekend and we both would love to come back.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Reviewed November 12, 2012

The moment we first walked into the house, the first thing that immediately caught our attention was how gorgeous the house is. The very sweet and friendly owners, Thomas and Dorothee, really have great taste. You can't go wrong with any room.

They also made us delicious pancakes with homemade blueberry syrup and gave us some great insider info on what to do in the area.

This place is truly special. For anyone who is looking to spend a relaxing vacation in a beautiful location, this is the place for you.

Room Tip: All the rooms are really pretty.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Virginia
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Just want to relate our wonderful stay at the Garden and the Sea B&B. My husband and I spent several nights there in order to be close to Chincoteague - but not pay the prices of Chincoteague. And what a pleasant stay. The rooms were attractive and comfortable (we even had a fireplace and jacuzzi tub) ... and breakfast was a delight. Not your typical breakfast fare - each morning a different treat (I particularly liked the Eggs Benadict with smoked salmon and asparagus). The owners had great suggestions on what to see and where to eat ... particularly helpful when the Eastern Shore is off-season. And the shore itself was only about 10 minutes away. We'll go again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
lancaster, va
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We live on the water across the Bay from the Garden and Sea Inn but wanted a place for a special few days to celebrate my wife's birthday. the G&S Inn fit the bill exactly. We alsof wanted a place where we could bring our Chocolate Lab and The Shiraz Suite had a private fenced yard along with a beautifully maintained large yard where our retriever could get some added exercise. Our hosts' restaurant recommendations were spot on be they for a casual, local or slightly upscale restaurant. We thoroughly enjoyed our three nights at the Garden and Sea Inn

Room Tip: Select The Shiraz Suite if you are traveling with a dog.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Newark, Delaware
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Dorothee and Thomas graciously accomodated 30 of our friends and family for a rehearsal dinner on the night before our son's wedding. We were so pleased with the evening, and the food--and beverages--were enjoyed by all! Their hard work made the very special evening memorable and was greatly appreciated by my entire family.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Felton, Delaware, United States
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I've stayed in about 20 b and b's over the years and this was in my top 3 b and b's ever. The house is beautiful and so are the grounds. There are very few places like this that allow pets, and I took my cat with me because she's getting up there in years (18) and I don't know how much longer she'll be with me so I like to spend lots of time with her. The innkeepers are very happy to host guests with pets though most bring dogs. The room I stayed in (Nelson) was immaculate and very large compared to rooms I've stayed in elsewhere. Great bathroom too, with a clawfoot tub. The common area is really nice and there are lots of snacks and drinks available for guests any time of day, which I thought was a nice touch (and unusual). The breakfasts were nothing short of amazing. One could fill up on homemade granola and breads and fruit, but the main course of each breakfast was just terrific. The three days I was there they featured pancakes with blueberry syrup with bacon, a German dessert that was sort of like the consistency of cornbread with soft inside and crispy top that had cherries in it with some sort of cherry and I think vanilla glazes on it as well as sausage, and then today they served Eggs Benedict with smoked salmon. I don't eat eggs so they gave me my own breakfast which had pork tenderloin, veggies with a sauce, and an English muffin. I've never stayed anywhere that they gave you a whole different breakfast if there was something you didn't eat. Normally places just take what you don't eat off your plate. So this was really impressive! I would absolutely buy a cookbook if they ever come out with one. The place is located close (by car) to several cool places. I went to Chincoteague to the refuge and to this nice independent bookstore, and I went to Bloxom Winery which was really lovely. Most of the time I was there I was working on research and writing an essay for publication, and so I spent a fair amount of time in my room, but it was always very quiet there and I got a lot of work done. There was a rehearsal dinner in the dining room the one night and the innkeeper apologized in advance for potential noise between 6 and 9pm, but honestly I didn't hear anything from my room. Oh and one other thing...they will put extras in your room on request. At last minute I requested the chocolate cake and a bottle of wine. They accomodated me and I was really happy with the choice of wine, which was terrific, and the cake was HUGE and very decadent. I ended up bringing a lot of it home with me! The prices for the add-on amenities are really good. They just aren't jacking up the prices on this stuff the way a lot of places do. I've never added on things like that to my room simply because of the cost, but in this case, the cost is so reasonable that you feel compelled to add things. Overall I just was so happy with this place. I want to return often, and I definitely want to come in the summer so I can use the pool. The innkeepers have a wonderful place and really know how to run it very well. It was a terrific experience!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
#4 of 20 in Chincoteague Island
Chincoteague Inn
Chincoteague Inn
#11 of 20 in Chincoteague Island

Been to Garden and the Sea B&B Inn? Share your experiences!