“Amazing place!! Best hosts you will ever experience!!”
Review of Dar Beldi

and 1 more site!
Dar Beldi
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Oualidia
Reviewed October 4, 2010

This place is magical. So relaxing and charming! Oualidiia is such a beautiful spot with the most amazing fresh seafood and lovely people but it was staying at Dar Beldi with Guy and Pierre and their staff that really made our holiday one we will remember fondly for the rest of our lives! It was certainly the most fantastic guest house we have ever experienced and probably ever will! They are such charming men and brilliant hosts and they make you feel very comfortable, relaxed and at home, and nothing what so ever seems to be a problem. Aziz the housekeeper is happy to help and a laundry service and beach towels are offered, you don't even need to ask! On arrival Pierre gave us a personal tour around Oualidia, I have never known of this at any hotel before!! and they are happy to drop you off/pick you up from restaurants at night! Where else does this! It's incredible! So much more than just a normal hotel experience, such a rare treat to find somewhere with all this character and such nice people, and so affordable! Guy and Pierre are men with a lot of taste and style and the place is decorated with a very chic fusion of Moroccan and French interiors, which complement each other SO well, it's lovely. We stayed in the Aziz room which was perfect with a lovely view out into the stunning garden! We left more than impressed and would recommend it to everybody as somewhere to completely relax and get away from it all. The garden is spectacular and Guy and Pierre make the most fabulous jams which are served every morning on the terrace with the lovely breakfast!

We are young, in our late 20's and had just got engaged so this was the perfect place to be together and spend time together as Oualidia is a very peaceful and tranquil place but a word of warning - if you are young and want to party at night do not come to Oualidia as its not that kind of place, but lovely for meals in the evening, amazing fish!
But Dar Beldi is just so good! - somewhere you have to visit to understand it's magic as photographs just don't do it justice!

This is most certainly the best place to stay in Oualidia!

Kate Jolly and Doug Hall

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kateejolly

Reviewed August 21, 2010

Don't be offset by the street that Dar Beldi is on - with a car mechanic in front. Once through the doors of this enchanted little hotel, you will be transferred into a magical peaceful world. The rooms are beautiful, with lots of attention paid to small details such as linens, etc. Our duvet was handmade and gorgeous! The two Frenchmen who run the place are charming and very helpful. When we wanted to go to the beach, they promptly supplied us with big beach towels. The breakfast was delicious - and they even set out a breakfast at 3;30AM - as we had to leave to get to the airport. I loved the gardens and was content on our last day in Morocco to just spend it lazily there. My husband reading his book and I was able to nap and pack our bags. Wonderful place - we hope to return next time.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank claudia
Reviewed July 17, 2010

I would recommened everybody that Riad. It has a very nice garden and the two guys running it are very friendly. We stayed 2 nights during our Morroc trip in that house and we are very satisfied with that choice.
The stuff is friendly and does everything to feel you comfortable.
It is hidden so you will be surprised what you find behind the door...

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Thomas M
Reviewed June 27, 2010

We spent the first part of our holiday in Oualidia, and the place was absolutely beautiful. we just about missed tourist season so the beach was almost empty (and therefore so were the restaurants...) It is a lovely little fishing town and we stayed in (I expect) the best place there. The two hosts, Guy and Pierre-Yves, were very friendly, accommodating and made us the most amazing breakfasts!!! It was such a contrast to the last couple of days which we spent in Marrakesh where there is a different speed to life. They gave us a tour around the town on the first day and gave us a free upgrade to a bigger room as soon as it was available. Definitely recommend this place to anyone, lovely rooms, great hosts and a 'real' moroccan town.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank holidaymaker3021
Reviewed March 22, 2010

dar beldi is 3 traditional houses knocked togehter, so typically Moroccan with gardens in interior courtyards and only four rooms. Owners live on site, and are very hospitable although requiring guests to speak French, however badly ! Pierre Ives ran us around the town when we arrived to orientate us to restaurants, beach and how to get back to Dar Beldi. Most accommodation in Oualidia is near the ocean front, many caravand and holiday homes, most empty in March. Dar Beldi is a good fifteen minutes walk away in the old town, and the wal;k did not appeal at night either by road or along the rocky shoreline. Happily Pierre Ives or Guy or a restaurant owner drove us and this appears to be standard practice. The main beach faces ther Atlantic with great rollers and sand dunes, marred for us by quad bikes making walking not as relaxing as it should have been. There is another beach, with safer sswimming, behind a lagoon. We were there out of season and had restarants to ourselves- good to great food but no atmosphere. Wine is readily available, despite being a Muslim country and ther Sahara labels are good value. There are no tourist shops or facilities other than small kiosks. All four rooms in Dar Beldi face into the courtyards and were dark and cool - we had bad weather so this made them gloomy, but there is a TV room and the roof terrace is very nice.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank amy000
Reviewed January 19, 2009

We just spent one night here in December. We had a pretty awful experience, sadly. I was travelling with 2 children, aged 7 and 10 years. The room was very nice, and the Moroccan staff who served us breakfast went out of their way to be friendly. But the French owners clearly do not like children. (Although I was clear at the time of the booking that I was travelling with 2 children, they accepted my booking so I did not think this would be a problem). We were the only guests staying at the hotel, and the next morning - around 8.30 am my children started playing tag outside in the garden area. THey were laughing but making no really dreadful noise. A few moments later one of the owners screamed something ( I could not understand as I don't speak much French) at my son, and he came back into the room quite shaken. The owner then bashed on our room door (so hard, that it made me nervous) and then started screaming at me about my children ( I couldn't understand all but the message was clear he didn't want them running around). In shock I apologised, and he stormed off. I was very frightened at this point and was extremely glad we were leaving that day. He then proceeded to do constuction work with quite loud machinery so if he wanted a quiet ambience he was not exactly creating this either. If there had been other guests staying, I would have had 2nd thoughts about lettting the children run outside, but as I mentioned .Moroccan hotel owners for the rest of the trip (who loved the kids). For me, you can have nice rooms but it is 10 times more important that you have friendly people. Please do not come here with children. (We had a brilliant dinner the night before at L'Initiale Hotel-Restaurant -and such a lovely French woman who owned that place. Next time I will stay there!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Mayaluka
Reviewed January 7, 2009

Charming little place. Very un-asuming entrance around and area with mechanics/garages. Once inside the security gate a little oasis. Guy & Pierre were so welcoming and made the stay a real pleasure. The fact that Dar Beldi is away from the beach is a double edged sword - although an expedition to get there, it does give you a better feel for the Oualidia and the garden/rooftop oasis is a lovely alternative to the beach - I don't think there are too many other places in town which can offer this.

Guy also will play taxi driver for you pretty much at any time of the day. For dinner they will recommend you a restaurant ........ drive you there ....... then arrange for the owner to ring him to arrange a pickup.

Definitely worth the try.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank JLMelbourne
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oualidia
La Sultana Oualidia
#1 of 3 in Oualidia
El Manzar
El Manzar
#2 of 4 in Oualidia

Been to Dar Beldi? Share your experiences!