“Great situation, good food, decent room, nice staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Issa-Blanca

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Oualidia
Hotel Issa-Blanca
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Oualidia
Europe
“Great situation, good food, decent room, nice staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

This hotel is at the end of the road next to the beach and dunes on the south side of Oualidia and well away from the main road down to the fishing boats that is so often noisy with small motorbikes which rather spoilt our previous visit to Oualidia. Across the narrow road are the dunes and the sea. You can walk south for miles on the beach and when you return to the hotel have a nice pot of mint tea on the terrace that overlooks the dunes. Later you may dine in the hotel which does good fish and seafood. Hotel and rooms were clean and surprisingly peaceful at night. Nadia obviously runs this place in a very professional manner. Staff were friendly and Nadia solicitious as to our requirements. If we return to Oualidia this is where we will stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cliffordchambers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Manama, Bahrain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

An excellent ''boutique Hotel'' and restaurant, peaceful and quiet. Service: Very friendly and helpful in all respects. Rooms: are small but Very clean. Good service. Bathrooms are clean. Comfortable bed. Restaurant: Excellent brekfast. Reasonably-priced.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
TUCSON
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

The high ranking for this "hotel" (more like a restaurant with a few neglected rooms above it) on Trip Advisor is VERY suspicious. It's true that the setting is not bad, across from a lovely yet disgracefully garbage-strewn beach. But the rooms are nothing special, even dingy, and the service was easily the worst I've experienced in many many months, if not years (I work in the travel business and spend around 200 nights a year in hotels). Upon arrival I was greeted with a veritable Wall of Disdain, and the assurance that no, I hadn't made a reservation. When I lugged my computer out to find it, the reception staff said they'd been given the wrong date by booking.com --highly unlikely. As it turns out, I was the ONLY GUEST that night. My room was cramped and unappealing, and more than twice the price of far superior rooms I've had elsewhere in Morocco.

Another note on the price: the manager/waiter insisted on overcharging me: 60euros rather than the 55 guaranteed by booking.com. I decided it wasn't worth quibbling over.

Dinner --a semi-endearing facsimile of French seafood fare-- was similarly overpriced. When I'd finished, the waiter asked when I'd like to have breakfast. I replied "7:30 would be great", to which he snapped, "Not before 8!", causing me to wonder why he asked me in the first place.

The next morning I wanted to make a phone call, and was informed by yet another surly employee that the hotel didn't have a phone! Incredible!

Room Tip: I think my room --the only one occupied the night I spent there-- was the worst one: really tiny, wi...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank AmericanExplorer69
Derbyshire uk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

we stayed here for 2 nights end of sept 2012 , a nice small hotel we had room 5 which was at the back of the hotel, a balcony which was nice as room fairly small, only negatives, bathroom was in need of repair as exposed pipework and re-plastering required , the balcony could have a sun umbrella as very hot and no shade , room electrics not ideal as extension cables ran across the doorway !!! however the place was clean and breakfast very good , ate at the hotel once and was very good value, we travelled by bus to oualidia so not the easiest place to find so had a taxi from the main road up the hill as too far to walk , owner helped us out with transport to safi , nice peaceful place and would recommend a visit. on having a peep at the empty other rooms , room 2 looked the best a balcony and more room, double bed with mosquito net and a balcony with a sea view so if staying ask for room 2 !!!

Room Tip: room 2 best choice
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2011

This is a small, family runned hotel across from beautiful golden sand beach. Very peaceful and quiet a year around. Nadia(the owner of the hotel) and staff will help you with everything you need. You could also get a nice breakfast, lunch or dinner here. Me and my cousen stayed here at least 5 times and we can not wait to return here again!
Thank you very much, Nadia.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
4 Thank Ingrid21
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2011

We rented a villa around the corner from Issa Blanca and only ate at the restaurant here. In fact, over 10 days we had most of our meals delivered from Issa Blanca. The owner, Nadia, could not do enough for us. We had everything delivered to our door quickly and beautifully presented. Even wine and beer.

One evening, Nadia prepared the birthday dinner for my husband. A truckload of food was brought over with wine and beer. Additionally, she drove all the way to Safi that afternoon to purchase a delicious birthday cake for my husband.

The prices were on par with every other restaurant in Oualidia and we had the pleasure of eating right in our own back yard.

Our last night in Oualidia, Nadia personally delivered our dinner and brought special desserts for the kids.

Truly superb and would not hesitate recommending the restaurant at Issa Blanca. Thank you Nadia!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Busybee_011
Berlin, Germany
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2009

We stayed there for one night and before we knew it we were signed up for a really expensive dinner. I would never go again for the "we make you a great seefood dinner" -DEAL again! You will pay a ridiculous amount when you check out the next day.... Dinner in the end was twice as expensive as the room!

• Stayed April 2009
1 Thank snowbird74
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oualidia
La Sultana Oualidia
L'Initiale Hotel-Restaurant
Essaouira Lodge
Essaouira Lodge
#20 of 74 in Essaouira

Been to Hotel Issa-Blanca? Share your experiences!