“Very good food but small portions”
Review of La Madrague

La Madrague
Ranked #12 of 16 Restaurants in Tamarin
Cuisines: European, French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

I had grilled vegetables as a starter, and they were among the best I've ever had (but a tiny portion). A tasty vegetable curry with white rice (was not on the menu) and a delicious banana flambé without ice-cream as dessert. Everything was very good, service was a bit confused, the pineapple juice was not well blended but I asked and they blended it again. At the end I had a very good meal and I would come back again!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Excellent food with great service. The position of this Restaurant is perfect with a view over Tamarin Bay. Wonderful place for romantic dinners. Can be reached by driving or by walking across Tamarin Beach which in itself is very romantic.lol

Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

I'm no fan of buffets and the Madrague did nothing to change my mind. The resort throws the food in at the Madrague for free and it's no wonder. We had to pay $100AUD for it and wish'd we hadn't. Four different kinds of curry on offer, including a tagine, but all tough as old boots. One interresting chicken salad but all the rest was depressing.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

By the beach, it is a perfect setting for sundowner cocktails if pricey. Similarly dinner had excellent attentive service and high quality food - it had great flavours and presented very well but unfortunately not that memorable, can't remember what I ate! Only a set menu was available when we went, at 3000 for two with a glass of wine each.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

But the service is friendly and excellent, the food is skillfully prepared and the location is lovely.