My husband and I stayed at the hotel for 2 nights last week end. The hotel itself is really nice and different! Great views, lots of privacy!
Rooms are really comfortable. Staff at restaurant were very friendly and eager to help us.
Food though is on the down side.
Chips arrived cold with a steak at lunch and my samoosas as a first course were very greasy.
Being mauritian - the mauritian buffet was missing a few basic components: pulses, chutneys, plain rice, salty fish, deep fried eggplants, lalos (lady fingers). i could probably name some more stuff...
I unfortunately happen to leave my brand new sunglasses on the bench next to reception upon arrival and by the time i found out i misplaced them it was gone. I went to reception 3 times to check that they hadnt found it and was sent back with an easy "no we didnt" and that was the end of it.
I; at the end had the director called to be able to visualise the videos at reception and the front desk made such a fuss of calling him but he finally came. I was very happy to see that he was taking the matter very seriously and that he was going to look into it; on the opposite of the lady at the desk. One morning i asked for a golf cart to go to the parking to have a look in the car and was told that one buggy was on the golf course and the other 2 ones were out to lunch. so i guessed i was supposed to go back to my room and wait or walk. I took the 2nd option!
At check out, the only thing that the reception lady found to tell was : Sad we could not find your glasses - like i was leaving and that was the end of the matter. They acted like it was just a pair of glasses bought at Carrefour!
We stayed there during the week end and really hoping to get news from them soon.
My husband and I travel a lot and never make a fuss for anything and are happy to enjoy a few days of holidays and relaxation. We were really not impressed!
Its a really good hotel if you don't have any problems. if i hadn't lost/GOT STOLEN my sunglasses i would never had put any comments and would definitely have really good comments about the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the elegant simplicity of Tamarina Golf & Spa Boutique Hotel the one and only 4-star boutique hotel on the west coast of Mauritius. Overlooking the legendary surf beach of Tamarin, the hotel offers a beautiful panorama, spectacular golden sunsets , dolphin watching at breakfast, and a most magnificent backdrop, the Rempart Mountain. We will have the pleasure to seat you at any of our 4 restaurants for amazing culinary experiences. Furthermore, get ready to be pampered at L'Acacia, our well-being centre, which offers many natural treatments. Guests enjoy free green fees at our 18 hole golf course, the Tamarina Golf Club, set in a breath-taking scenery. And, if you wish to get the adrenaline pumping, you can freely visit the Casela Nature & Leirsure Park, which is only a 5 minute drive from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Tamarina Golf & Spa Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarina Hotel, Golf, Beach And Spa
- Tamarina Hotel, Golf, Beach Hotel Tamarin
- Tamarina Golf & Spa Boutique Hotel Tamarin, Mauritius