“A wonderful getaway!”

The Mark Addy
Ranked #1 of 1 Nellysford B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We recently "ran away from home"" to the Mark Addy. What a good idea that was!! We had a great visit in the "Kensington", a lovely room, clean, comfortable and cozy. The setting is beautiful with lots to do in the area. Leslie gave excellent recommendations for attractions. We had dinner in the Fountain Room, which was most excellent: Raphael is a gifted chef as well as a good and interesting conversationalist. Would recommend the Mark Addy without reservation...no WITH reservations, but without reserv........oh, you know what I mean!!!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

spend 3 days/2 nights in October, very comfortable room, with a nice little private porch and seperate entrance. very gracious hosts, and will accomadate special dietary needs! be sure to treat yourselves to dinner, Rafael is a fantastic chef!

Room Tip: I have stayed in 4 rooms, all were very comfortable, nicely appointed
Reviewed October 12, 2012

My wife & I recently enjoyed a weekday get away at the Mark Addy. We had a fabulous time. Our room was comfortable and cozy. We scheduled a “Pub Crawl” for our first night. The Mark Addy provided coupons / vouchers for 2 of the breweries we visited. It was also nice to see that 15% of our Pub Crawl tour went to support local youth programs. Every morning before breakfast we drank our coffee on the porch gazing out on the beautiful mountain scenery. The only meals we had at the Mark Addy were breakfast. Both days it was scrumptious. The location of the Inn in on Nelson 151 surrounded by several wineries, breweries, and a cider press; this made our day trips easy to plan. Started my trip tired and run down. After 2 1/2 days at the Mark Addy I was both relaxed and recharged. I highly recommend thin B&B!

Reviewed October 10, 2012

My husband & I can't say enough good things about the enjoyable experience we had, while spending the last weekend in Sept. at the inn for our daughter's wedding Sept. 29. Leslie & Rafael were the ultimate hosts, catering to our every whim! Once I learned that their daughter had been married on the grounds, I knew we were in good hands. In addition to the flowers already on hand, Leslie added additional ones, that really spruced up the area, as well as seasonal autumn decorations. She has quite a knack for making things look just right. The fountain and rose bushes added even more color and atmosphere to the already lovely setting. Rafi prepared all the food for the reception, which was absolutely delicious and satisfied the bride's special dietary restrictions too! These folks really know how to please!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the "Colonial"....quite spacious and yet cozy at the same time. Loved the att...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 5, 2012

My friend reserved this place as a Birthday present for me. I must say the inn was fantastic. The food was fantastic. The staff was very welcoming and helpful. The location is perfect for the wine tours . I would definitely return!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and I had a wonderful time at the Mark Addy in August. Before arriving, they were very accomodating for our date changes. When we finally got to go, we were pleased with the location of the inn, which is is perfectly located for a wine or beer tour of the region, and the quality of the service and accomodations. Our room was lovely, with a cozy bed and a big tub. I was pleasantly surprised that despite being a historic home it had plenty of hot water to fill it up. The innkeepers, Rafael and Leslie, were so nice and welcoming, making our experience really personalized. The food is delicious, with very unique and interesting flavors from their gardens and other local farmers. Overall it was an awesome getaway and we would definitely go back!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2012

The Mark Addy Inn is an excellent base of operations for winery and brewery tours in the Central Virginia region, being located right off Rte. 151 which is the main artery that connects most of the restaurants and tasting rooms. My wife and I stayed in the Colonel Room for two days for her birthday, and with a nominal fee, the staff placed a beautiful bouquet in the room for her. The deluxe room is well worth the higher price with its opulent size and access to the back terrace, where we quietly enjoyed a bottle of Virginia wine and some cheese in the lovely weather. We also purchased the wine lover's scavenger hunt, which took us to four nearby wineries and lunch at the Wild Wolf brewery. Breakfast is served at 9am sharp, so do take this schedule seriously and contact the staff if it doesn't work for you. Breakfast was delicious on both occasions (fruits and pastry followed by Southern comfort food), and we loved the view of the mountains from the dining room. The owners were away, but their son was very welcoming and a font of local knowledge (he was our driver for the winery/brewery tour). We loved the two adorable dogs on the property, but they may pose a problem for folks with allergies. Hope to come back again next year!

Room Tip: Rooms with access to the balcony porch are worth the premium during the spring, summer, and early fa...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SJM_DC
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nellysford
Hampton Inn Waynesboro / Stuarts Draft
Best Western Plus Waynesboro Inn & Suites Conference Center
Residence Inn Waynesboro
Residence Inn Waynesboro
#2 of 9 in Waynesboro
Holiday Inn Express Waynesboro - Rt. 340
Afton Mountain Bed & Breakfast
Orchard House Bed and Breakfast

Been to The Mark Addy? Share your experiences!