“A restaurant/brewery that's good for families too”

Wild Wolf Brewing Company
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Nellysford
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Wild Wolf Brewing Company, established November 11, 2011, is one of just a few mother/son operations in the country. Danny, a classically trained Brewmaster by the Siebel Institute in Chicago, and his mom, a business savvy entrepreneur, have turned a family passion for craft beer into one of the fastest growing breweries in Virginia. The brewery and restaurant is situated in the heart of the Brew Ridge Trail and features a wide selection of hand-crafted beers as well as the freshest local foods in Central Virginia-all in a century old, revitalized Nelson County school house. The ten acre property features an authentic Biergarten, shaded by a protective canopy of 60-year-old Siberian Elms, including a charming gazebo, large Koi pond, and working water wheel. In addition, an outdoor pavilion has been enclosed to allow for a four season dining experience. The pavilion hosts live music every weekend year round. Inside the restaurant, guests are treated to a rustic dining experience, including wrap-around porches that provide stunning views of the surrounding mountains and property. Toward the back of the old schoolhouse guests enter the new building which houses a lively sports bar as well as our brewing facility.
Port Deposit, Maryland
“A restaurant/brewery that's good for families too”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Wanted to try the beer to compare to other breweries nearby. They held up well in comparison. BBQ ribs were very good. Service at the bar was also good. Outdoor seating under the trees would be a nice place to have a meal with the family. A good place to stop even if you don't like beer.

Nellysford, Virginia
“Poorly Run and Poorly Executed”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

My family and I visited this restaurant for Father's Day and had a horrible experience. Here were the faults:
1. The sign out front says that the restaurant takes reservations, even though they do not.
2. They take call aheads, so we called from Blue Mountain Brewery (where we were just enjoying beers), told them how many and where we wanted to sit, and were told to come whenever we were ready. We left soon after, but arrived at Wild Wolf and were told that the wait would still be 20 mins.
3. We had to wait an hour, EVEN THOUGH THERE WERE AT LEAST 15 EMPTY TABLES!!!
4. The kitchen couldn't handle the business, so we had to wait.
5. When I asked if we could get beers and sit at a table (knowing that we couldn't order food yet) , I was told that we weren't allowed to do even that.
6. Even after being seated we waited 30 mins for food.
7. I ordered a burger and was told that it could only be cooked medium-well (let's face it - burgers are best at medium-rare). I could have dealt with that if it a actually WERE cooked medium-well. My burger was more like extra well done. It was so dry that I had to choke it down with some BBQ sauce.
8. Growler fills were not even full.
9. Hostess had NO personality, despite the fact that she was the public's first contact.
10. Waitress performance was perhaps the best part of the visit, and that was, arguably, subpar.
Overall, this restaurant was poorly run and food was poorly executed. I had worked in the restaurant business for over 10 years, and have been a foodie for a much longer time, and this was one of the worst experiences that I have ever had. It makes it worse when the manager walks around with a smile on his face like nothing is wrong. I love my father and that is the only reason why I did not walk away (like so many other potential customers), but it says a lot when he says, "We should have just stayed at Blue Mountain."

4 Thank Rebekah T
Nellysford, VA
“Bring your entire family”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We just spent Father's Day with numerous other families and their dogs thoroughly enjoying food and sunshine at Wild Wolf. The fish and chips are always good, but this time I tried the root beer float and root beer beans. I did not know they made their own root beer. It was not sugary sweet, but tangy--definitely a good marinade for the baked beans. Live music and (new) local artisans were available to create an excellent ambiance. We had a 45 minute wait because it was lunch time on Father's Day, but could walk around the grounds and see the vendors and play bean bag games to pass time. Several new seasonal beers and VERY funny greeting card collection. Service outstanding.

Wrexham, United Kingdom
“Brewery tour”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Went as part of a brewery tour. Sampling of the beers was flexible so didn't have to try too many. They do a bespoke sampling in the bar overlooking the brew tanks. Great beers and good value.

• Visited May 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Fabulous Burgers, Sandwiches, and Beer”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Everything at this place was great -- the service was fantastic and the beer was great. My husband said his burger was the best he's had and I had the Reuben which was just out of this world. Highly recommend!!!

Visited June 2014