“Yum”

Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Nellysford
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Wild Wolf Brewing Company, established November 11, 2011, is one of just a few mother/son operations in the country. Danny, a classically trained Brewmaster by the Siebel Institute in Chicago, and his mom, a business savvy entrepreneur, have turned a family passion for craft beer into one of the fastest growing breweries in Virginia. The brewery and restaurant is situated in the heart of the Brew Ridge Trail and features a wide selection of hand-crafted beers as well as the freshest local foods in Central Virginia-all in a century old, revitalized Nelson County school house. The ten acre property features an authentic Biergarten, shaded by a protective canopy of 60-year-old Siberian Elms, including a charming gazebo, large Koi pond, and working water wheel. In addition, an outdoor pavilion has been enclosed to allow for a four season dining experience. The pavilion hosts live music every weekend year round. Inside the restaurant, guests are treated to a rustic dining experience, including wrap-around porches that provide stunning views of the surrounding mountains and property. Toward the back of the old schoolhouse guests enter the new building which houses a lively sports bar as well as our brewing facility.
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Brews and food were delicious, just a bit on the expensive side. That being said, you get what you pay for and the food was yummy. Love the outdoor decor! Location is near Wintergreen. Great customer service!

Reviewed May 21, 2013

I have been here several times and went here with my mom for mother's day 2013. The beer here is excellent and offers numerous choices, many more than other breweries in the area. The food is also amazing. Not typical pub food, but very good food that anyone would enjoy. Wait staff was also very nice. Note: This place has live music often and activities for children.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stopped in for casual drinks and some lite fare. Appetizers were nice size and very tasty. Nachos, mussels and sweet potato tots were enough for five of us. The beers were great - wish we could have tried more of them. Good service and it is nice to be at a place that welcomes your dog as well.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Our family and our friends family (a total of 9) ate here in December and where very pleased with our meals. I had some of there French Onion soup which was good but was not traditional. I think they added a smoke taste via smoked meet. I like it and would get again but was not what I was expecting. Everyone was pleased with their meals.

Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

We ate here on a recommendation from our innkeeper and this place exceeded our expectations. I ordered two flights of samplers. The only beer that was subpar was a ginger-flavored one, but my wife said it wasn't bad. I ordered the sushi of the day. That's right, sushi. It was definitely fresh and tasty and good enough to be served at any sushi bar.
Now to the chicken. My wife ordered a chicken salad that was out of this world! Now, I know usually you don't get excited by a chicken salad, but this was a head of romaine lettuce that is topped with strips of hot, deep fried chicken. They also put bacon and Gorgonzola cheese and top it off with some sort of vinegar-based dressing. All I can say is WOW. If we had gone with the kids, and the weather had been nicer, they would have been able to enjoy a bounce house and plenty of space to run around the gardens. We want to come back. Soon!