“Terrible Service - will not return!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Natural Bridge Station
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Natural Bridge
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

My family and I are extremely disappointed in this campground. On our fourth day of ten day stay, we experienced torrential rains for three days in a row. We thought we had prime sites by the river, but to our surprise they were the worst......at 9 am we noticed the river was rising fairly fast. We started putting rocks, as markers, out by the rivers edge. The river was rising at about one linear foot every twenty/thirty min. Well, our one neighbor closest to the river made the decision to request to be moved....since the water was about 10 feet from their front door. While waiting on the campground to bring the tractor to move the trailer, we (my four sites) started helping them move their stuff to higher ground. The campground staff didn't lift a finger to help other than to get the trailer moved (and that's because they brought it down for them). Once they moved that trailer we were told (when we asked) the river should rise much further. We, my family, continued to watch it rise using markers to gauge it. We were not advised, nor assisted in any way as to what to do...where to go...how to respond. We were left to fend for ourselves, making decisions moment by moment, and getting our stuff moved by ourselves. The whole time we were trying to pack and move water slowly took over our sites. Not one employee came to assist, nor advise us to what we should do. It was only after we moved to an adjacent vacant site that the manager came down. We had words as to how sorry the situation was and how poor the management and emergency operation plan was (by the way they did not have one!). We will not return to this campground mainly because of the lack of management and poor service. Oh by the way, the employees were "around" during our big move, but did not help. They were supposedly getting picnic tables moved to higher grounds from sites that others had evacuated (yet we saw several get taken by the water).

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank wezell
There are newer reviews for Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Natural Bridge

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We live in Lexington, only 20 minutes away from that campground. We decided to spend a weekend there so that our children could experience camping along with fun activities. We were blown away not only to experience how well organised everything was but also to experience first hand how fantastic the staff was.If you get a chance to stay try to meet Devante and Zack. They are phenomenal with children and they sure made our stay unforgettable. The place was completely booked but thanks to no noise after 10pm rule our whole stay was a major success.he place is super clean and there is always something going on for children and parents! We had a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed at Jellystone this past weekend and do not feel it lived up to all the hype.

1. We have a popup camper and when the reservations were made months ago I asked for the upper campground and a shaded site. The reservations lady that assigned my site said that is what she was giving me, I even paid for a full hookup site (didn't need the sewer) because she said that was were the shade was. We arrive at Friday and our site doesn't have a tree anywhere around. There is a strip of pull through sites with a road on both side of them. It was full sun the entire day.

2. The upper restrooms are an odd set up I haven't seen at any other campground. It's like trailer than was divided longways. There are five doors on each side - one side for women and one for men. When you open the door there is a tiny shower, toilet and sink the room. The entire weekend the women's and according to my husband, the men's were dirty. The floors stayed wet - even standing water at times. The toilets stopped up, and soap dispensers empty. I went Saturday morning to the camp store and asked how often they were cleaning the bathrooms. I was assured they were on their way that someone called in that morning and they were just behind. I saw someone cleaning 1 time on Saturday. 5 toilets for 100 plus sites and they clean once a day?

3. The roads are in poor condition. Huge potholes and crumbling payments. Parts seemed to have been paved at one time but now just holes with gravel.

4. No lifeguards at either the pool or lake.

A full hookup site is $67 a night and on the weekends it is a flat $100 for the golf cart (which really is needed due to distance to restrooms, lake, etc) so it was $234 plus tax for two nights of camping. I really expected better facilities.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank RkeFamily
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We stayed for a long weekend last summer at Jellystone Natural Bridge. We traveled with our tween and teen son and my stepdaughter and her family (similar aged boys). We stayed in the lower campground to be closer to the river and found that it worked well. They actually have a section for pop ups and tents that is over a little bridge and sort of off to itself. Made for a quieter time. The sites were mostly sunny as they are in a bit of a field, but it is surrounded by woods and so shade exists for at least part of the day. This location did make for a bit of a hike to the bathhouse and activities. I agree with the other reviewers about the "swimming lake"; none of us were going to swim in it,but I did see other campers doing so. (It was yucky looking!). Pool and waterslides looked great and the kids had a great time with them. The organized activities are what really sets the Yogi Bear Parks apart and make them perfect for families. The campground appeared to be well run with a friendly staff. The bathhouses were clean. This does appear to be a bit of an older park, and a bit more run down than the Yogi Bear in Luray. What made up for it for us was the river. The campground sits right on the James River which in that area is wide, shallow and tons of fun to spend the day floating, tubing, or just lounging on chairs set in the water. Heavenly!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 19, 2013

This was our first time camping. We rented one of the cabins at the top of the hill overlooking the swimming lake and right next to all the activities. Not knowing what to expect, we were quite pleased with the facilities overall.
It was myself, my adult daughter and 3 grandchildren - age 3, 10 and 13

Starting with the cabin, it was clean and had everything we could possibly need. The screened in porch was great to sit in and relax at night. The only complaint I have about the cabin is that the mattresses ARE hard as a rock. Aside from that, we were quite happy with the cabin.

The pool was clean and not at all crowded which I was kind of surprised, although we did go late August 2012 so maybe kids were already back in school hence not as crowded. The water slides were operational and the kids had fun on that and the toddler had a blast at the spray park. They did go play putt putt once but the kids didnt complain about anything, so I cant say anything +/- about the putt putt. We did go down by the river and had a blast with our own inner tubes and rafts (bought in the little campstore). The kids loved playing on the little beach but I do have to agree with what others have said about the swimming lake. It was pretty darn nasty!

Game room was workable for the kids, but honestly I do not understand the complaints of others because honestly, little time was spent in the game room. You are camping! Expect ants! we didn't have any roaches in our room so no problems with that. We didn't have ants for that matter.

The laundry facilities were great, we used them while the kids finished up some activities before we left. Nice to come home with clean clothes and the sheets/towels we took with. The bathhouse was clean, again no complaints there.

Activities were abundant and all the kids enjoyed everything. The food was surprisingly good at the canteen. We are looking forward to going back again later in the summer.

Sidenote: I didn't see anything close by for shopping ie: forgotten items and a quick run to walmart. Might have been close, just made sure we took everything with us. We did go to the drive through safari close by which was awesome. Definitely a place to go visit.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank NCBabe13
Reviewed May 3, 2013

So, let me first say that we went during the off-season (during spring break). I'd say that's pretty crucial if you don't like huge crowds. It meant that we couldn't do the water activities but it also wasn't like being in a sardine can.

However, we actually stayed in one of their Large Deluxe Cabins and it was completely awesome. Temperature controlled and clean - we slept our family of 7 (with infant twins in TWO portacribs in the bedroom along with the bed) and it was totally comfortable. Tons of hot water. Eating indoors all together would've been tricky but we were always able to manage to eat outside.

Staff in the office was super friendly.

GET A GOLF CART. Seriously, so much fun. Your kids will love you forever. Otherwise, at least from the cabins, it really is a long walk from where you sleep to where the "stuff" is - especially the jumping pillow, which was a huge hit for the whole family. You even actually have to cross a road, which feels dangerous to me, but there you go.

There were activities for the kids all day, every day. We never actually did any because we were entertained on our own but I love that they were there. If it had poured rain, we would've definitely tried some.

We traveled along with my parents and two of my sisters and their families. I called to make my reservations and we were able to get four cabins all in a row. We had a huge field and then forest behind us which was awesome for the kids to explore - we even did an Easter egg hunt back there!

I will note that if you want to use the campground as a base to go DO things, everything except for the Natural Bridge is a good drive away. The scenery is lovely, and we enjoy being off the beaten path, but there you go.

When you compare this to how we usually camp at state parks, it's really not cheap, but for the way we need to roll with our babies right now, this was the best sort of camping for us :)

Room Tip: Take a site along the edges - the ones in the middle are SO CRAMMED TOGETHER.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank crayolabird
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

This was the very first jellystone that we had stayed at. We had rented a cabin, which was very new! Lots of kids activities. Loved being close to the river. The kids enjoyed meeting at the flag pool every morning!

• Stayed: July 2012
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#5 of 16 in Lexington
Wingate by Wyndham Lexington

Been to Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Natural Bridge? Share your experiences!