“Great evening”
Review of Red Fox

Red Fox
Reviewed March 10, 2018 via mobile

Chrisi makes the best drinks and made the evening great. Dinner steak was good but service was great she made the evening a totally wonderful experience that is unforgettable.

Reviewed January 23, 2018 via mobile

This charming tavern was a cozy, welcome respite when I was traveling in the area on a particularly cold winter night. The food was excellent. I highly recommend the southwestern egg roles. So much flavor!

But even better was the service! Cressy was a lovely and charming bartender and I so enjoyed chatting with her. She offered great food and wine recommendations and seemed to know the area really well. I really appreciated the hospitality!

Can’t wait to be back soon!

Reviewed January 22, 2018

We were the first ones in the bar area. We sat at the bar at first and were greeted by the bartender, Chrestie. Let me just say, she made the night AMAZING! She is super friendly and can hold a conversation without missing a beat. Her recommendations for our dinner options were on point! Started with the BBQ Cheese fries, so unique by using waffle fries. We moved to a table to eat dinner. My husband had the steak and crab cake and he loved it. I had the Chicken Marsala, which was full of flavor. We ended back at the bar for the rest of the evening. I enjoyed Chrestie's sense of humor and knowledge of drinks. Definitely a place we will return when we are back in the area.

Reviewed January 15, 2018

We were driving back to MD from Asheville, NC and asked Siri for a local restaurant while on Rte 81. We found the Red Fox at the Natural Bridge (VA) Historic Hotel and Conference Center, which is a beautiful hotel in its own right at the Natural Bridge State Park. We arrived late, off the road, and were treated like long lost relatives. The restaurant was, unfortunately, closed, but the Red Fox bar was open (or, rather, allowed to stay open) and the meal and the company couldn't have been more pleasant. Granted, the chef and I were rooting for the same team, Vikings over Saints, but the portions were large, (the Caesar salad could have been dinner by itself), and the sandwiches were excellent. Had we not had to get back on the road, I would have gotten a steak, which would have been excellent, also, judging by the sandwiches. Also, the bartender, Cassie, was quite charming, and she and my wife had a hard time keeping (letting) me in the conversation. As we were leaving, we decided right there and then to return for a weekend soon. Like I said, an easy place to fall in love with.

Reviewed January 8, 2018

Yummy wedge salad and great conversation with other guests. I would have tried the seafood buffet, but I just wasn't hungry enough. I was told the steaks are EXCELLENT, so I will try that next visit!