“better than expected, though SLOW service”

The Colonial Dining Room
Reviewed August 27, 2018

the Friday night seafood buffet was packed. Mostly fried food so I didn't partake, along with mounds of crablegs. I ordered a sandwich and got a salad; not really an issue but our waitress disappeared for 45 minutes so I couldn't do anything anyway

Reviewed August 25, 2018

We had breakfast here when staying at the hotel. The restaurant offered a buffet, however we chose to order off the menu. We were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the meal, the timeliness of the meal, and the wonderful service/staff. The price shocked us too, very very reasonable. We would eat breakfast there again if staying in the area.

Reviewed August 10, 2018

Ate here for dinner our first night at the hotel with my wife, niece, and nephew. Our server Rachel was very accommodating and prompt. We had the pulled pork waffle fries, which was excellent, for our appetizer. I had the burger with sweet potato fries for an entree. The fries were amazing.

The only negative I have from the whole experience is the floors were not vacuumed, food was covering the floor under our table. Other than that it was a good experience.

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Stay away from this old rundown hotel! Rooms are moldy. Restaurant staff are incompetent, lazy and will totally ignore everyone - aweful! Front counter staff ‘aren’t to be bothered’ by your presence- they are too busy texting on their iPhones! Management non-existent. Unbelievable...you’ve been warned!

Reviewed July 24, 2018

On a rainy July evening, we arrived at the Natural Bridge Hotel and logically hoped to eat dinner soon in the hotel's restaurant. I would recommend that if you plan to do so, call them and make a reservation for your meal. When we checked in at the hotel and inquired about eating in the restaurant we were admonished when they learned we had no reservation. The wait time was about 2 hours, so we went to the Natural Bridge Visitor's Center across the road to buy some gifts and pass the time between 5:30 and 7:30 p.m. Although we admittedly had failed to make a reservation, we were guests in the hotel and had been hours later than expected due to a big car accident on Interstate 81 and were not in happy moods on arrival and especially not happy to hear of the 2 hour wait for the restaurant. The hotel and restaurant staff were too busy to be very concerned and treated us briskly, though pleasantly. I ordered the seafood buffet, which was fairly good, although there was much more heavily fried seafood in the buffet than I would have liked, as I prefer grilled or steamed. It was the kind of deep frying where you cannot tell what the shellfish under the breading actually is until you bite into it. The restaurant is one very large room and I found the atmosphere louder than I prefer, especially after a day of travel-jarred nerves and traffic delays. Realistically, there are no other close by options for food, unless you go back to the interstate and start hunting.