See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 25, 2008

Did not see bed bugs but both of us had bites the next morning.

Air conditioning did not work.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 16, 2008

I wonder how AAA approved this hotel. I lived there on 06/30//08. The fan noise horrible. could not sleep. Not neat. Towels are almost worn out. The Bed is fine. Not as cheap as i thought compared to other AAA hotels I stayed in that week as I was driving from boston to Houston.
Never prefer this hotel

• Stayed: June 2008
Reviewed June 11, 2007

I agree with the other positive reviews. This Budget Motel is cheap. It's clean. Everything worked. And I especially liked how the owner booked every other room on the backside so an empty room was between each occupied one - this is very thoughtful and I DID appreciate it - I didn't get his name but he WAS nice and accomodating and I'd stay there again in a hearbeat. The Pink Cadillac diner next door also was cheap and good- nothing great or fancy but no complaints. And both places right up the street ( a stone's throw) from the fabulous Virginia Safari Park!! I will go back to all 3 soon!!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled solo
4  Thank matapeake
Reviewed April 14, 2007

My family booked this property for spring break. We stayed 3 nights and 4 days. I was a little apprehensive about this property because the price was very reasonable. Previous experiences has taught me that low - prices motels are very low on giving good quality services.

The rooms had been nicely cleaned. The owners were very polite and very accommodating. They made sure the rooms were cleaned every day, fresh linens every day. We did not have to ask for toiletries because they provided them every day.

I enjoyed all 3 nights there. I am planning another trip or 2 again this year with extended family and also with our church youth group. The motel is 1 mile from a drive-thru safari where you feed the animals from your vehicle. They also have a giraffe feeding station!!!!!!!!!!!! It was a gret outing. The motel is also only 3 miles from the zoo where they offfer elephant rides with photo on the weekend for only $9.00.

I got more than I expected from this property. This goes to praove that low cost motels do not have to be roach motels. The look of the property depends on the owners. The owners of this property picked up trash off the ground of their property THEMSELVES every day. This is why their property is well maintained. Because they care!!!!!!!!!!!!! They also offer a nice little play area on site for young children aged 1-12.

I really recommend this motel. I can't wait to return.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family