“Interesting”
Review of Foamhenge - CLOSED

Foamhenge
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I know I'll never see the real Stonehenge so looking at Foamhenge quite interesting.Very muddy. It too quite a lot of work to get that red mud out of our shoes so we wouldn't track it in the car.

2  Thank Juls1957

Reviewed September 14, 2013

I was so excited to see foamhenge. I love little roadside stops like this. When we arrived the dirt parking area is heavily rutted so be careful and enter slowly. You have to walk up a hill, my three year old did it so it wasn't that bad. The sculpture was impressive, but worn by a decade of weather and people touching and scratching at it. It was still neat to see and take some fun pictures. And it is free.

1  Thank BinMcKin
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is classic Americana! I loved every second of our quick stop. After a long road trip across the United States this was the one place we always talk about. Who can say they've been to a large replica of Stonehenge made entirely out of foam? It's definitely a conversation starter. It's not far off the highway, down a beautiful road and not far from Natural Bridge. We only spent a few minutes but you could easily have a picnic and stretch your legs.

1  Thank easwim
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I drove up to Foamhenge to see exactly what it was and it was definitely different. It seems the weather has taken a bit of a toll on the foam but we had to admire the thought and effort that went into it. The road leading to it on the top of the hill was pretty rough when we visited so be prepared to do some navigating of ruts and rocks. But hey, it's free!

1  Thank iseldomreview
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Saw CarHenge a few years ago in Nebraska. This probably needs a little fixing. It's free to see, but left out for the tourists to "do with in what they will" shows how far we've come as a society. Rather than it being a fun little place for everyone to see, the critters (tourists) over time have picked it apart. If someone from the local township would take ownership of it, and give it a little TLC, it could be a stop that many would make (and a small fee -- $2 per person -- might help with upkeep). Now off to find more "henges".............

2  Thank LWarmwater