“SOOOOOO Much Fun”

Virginia Safari Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Drive along our 3 mile - 180 Acre natural park, viewing(and feeding) herds of free-roaming animals from your car, such as Antelope, Deer, Elk and Llamas! Walk through the 10-acre Safari Village and see Tigers, Cheetahs, Kangaroos, Primates, Reptiles, a wide variety of birds and much more! Don't forget to feed the giraffe and visit the petting barn! We're located in the Shenandoah Valley, a short day trip from Roanoke, Lynchburg, Staunton, Charlottesville, Richmond, Maryland and DC.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Our primary reason for visiting the Shenandoah Valley was to go to Va Safari Park. We were not disappointed. If there was one draw back it was that we waited about 45 minutes to get through the gate. And after using the restrooms we were on our adventure. The animals are very friendly. They just wait for you to drive up. Then they pop their heads in your window to find something to eat. My daughter (22) and I just laughed the entire two hours we were driving through. Then we got out of the car to do the walk thru portion. And it was no less fun. She fed the giraffes. And the parakeet aviary is really a joy. The birds just pop on your "budgie" stick as soon as you walk thru the door. The tigers were very active the day we were there. Playing and making a lot of noise. Quite a few of the kangaroos had joeys in their pouches. It was so sweet. My daughter said she will never visit anther traditional zoo.

4  Thank L K

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Our 18 month old grand-baby is visiting and we had been trying to think of fun things to do and someone suggested this place and we are so glad they did. We got wonderful pictures and she had a blast- so did we! I felt like a little kid myself, the animals are so funny we laughed so much and enjoyed every minute! Being able to have a hands on experience with the animals in the protection of your car while being able to go at your own pace in your air-conditioning was amazing! We did the tractor ride too which was even better than in our car but I suggest doing both. The walk through area and feeding the Giraffe was just the icing on the cake. I almost forgot to mention feeding the birds, they fly right onto your hand to get on the sticks you buy and it truly does make you feel like a kid again! We are going to make this a yearly visit!

3  Thank mimi1971
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We had so much fun on this safari! We laughed our butts off the whole time. We did 4 buckets for 12 bucks and went back through and did 4 more buckets, lol. Tip- bring a rubbermaid container to keep the food in and just put a little bit at a time in your bucket as you feed the animals- they steal them before you realize it; that way you won't lose all of your food. No matter how hard you try, your car will end up a mess.

4  Thank Boud0429
Reviewed June 3, 2013

What a wacky and wonderful time we had at this safari park. I have been to safari parks before but never like this one! Be sure to purchase Lots of feed buckets. They are cheap and really make the thrill as the animals stick their heads RIGHT IN THE CAR WITH YOU! Watch out for the greedy camels but don't be afraid to let them stick their noses in your feed buckets and wait for the surprise! I have never had more fun or laughed more in my life!!! And the buffalo's...OMG the buffalo's...they were the wackiest with those tongues...omg! I can't wait to go back with the rest of my college kids...and the grand kids when I have them! Be sure to take your 'fun- adventurous' friends with you for a rip roaring hilarious time!

2  Thank d00dler
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

If you love animals this is the place for you. The animals come up to your car to be fed and pet. It is a long trail of deer, reindeer, llamas, camels, and more. Afterward check out the zoo included on site. Feed the birds. See a wallaby up close and personal! Great deal for the money!

3  Thank Hempfling