I grew up in VA but had never been to the Natural Bridge...so my boyfriend and I planned a little getaway to explore. We stayed for 3 days and found plenty of things to do in this little sweet spot. The hotel room we stayed in wasn't fancy...but it was cozy and clean...and that's all that really matters to us. Every time we had dinner at the hotel restaurant, we tried something different. All the dishes were delicious and interesting. The breakfast buffet wasn't all that (I'm not a huge buffet fan though)...but it was worth the price if you're hungry (they keep it filled up for ya!). We went to The Pink Cadillac Diner up the road one morning. That place is AWESOME! The memorabilia on the walls will keep your eyes busy while you stuff your face with home cooking. I tried corned beef hash for the first time ever. Yum! We went to see all the sights...the Natural Bridge is just amazing and the nature walk is relaxing. We saw the caverns too. Not really impressive compaired to other caverns I've been to, but you are in the deepest one on the east coast and that's kinda cool. The wax museum is silly. Some of those people looked so real...I'm glad they didn't move. Ha! My boyfriend and I are like grown children...so we had to hit up the arcade under the gift shop. We had some laughs. There are a few games in there that I didn't think were suitable for children...but I'm sure parents could figure that out. If you have extra time...find your way to Bath County, VA and go to the Jefferson Pools in Warm Springs. SO relaxing. 12-2pm is family time and 2-5pm is clothing optional. Whew! There were a lot of pretty overlooks along the way too. Last but not least...we went to the Safari Park up the road. I didn't know how it would be because you can feed the animals from your car. I was slightly terrified yet hystarically lauging the whole time. We spent 3 hours there petting and feeding animals. If you're an animal lover, like me...this is awesome. We had such a good time...and for not a lot of money either. Can't wait to go back in the summer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay on-site of The Natural Bridge of Virginia. Visit the monumental National Historic Landmark & discover why photos don't do it justice, nor words describe it, and why the awe-struck Thomas Jefferson bought it. Packages starting at $129 for 2 people, $169 for a family of 4, offer a great value on attractions, overnight accommodation & breakfast. Just 15 minutes from the Blue Ridge Parkway; off I-81, exits 175 & 180. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Natural Bridge Park Historic Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Natural Bridge Hotel And Conference Center
- Natural Bridge Hotel Natural Bridge