This hotel is the "only game in town", so if you're here to see the attractions and want an overnight, there is nothing else around. It is close to Rt. 81, so if you're passing through, it's a good overnight stop, but there is nothing else there except the hotel and the attractions. On the surface, the hotel looked beautiful. The lobby was grand and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We had booked a package which included tickets to all of the attractions, a balcony room, and breakfast for two for $129 including taxes. Can't argue with the value because if you added up the admission charges for all the attractions and the breakfast for two ($25), the cost of the room was essentially zero. That being said, you get what you pay for. The room we had booked had an odor (like a dog or cat had been there), the balcony was very dirty with a high brick wall that if you sat down, you couldn't see the view, the sliding doors did not slide, and there were stains on the carpet. Because the odor was so bad, we went back to the front desk and asked for another room. There were no other balcony rooms available (not that we wanted to be on a dirty balcony anyway), so they offered us another basic room with a mountain view for $10 less. That was fine--we now paid less than $119. The second room was OK--nothing special--one of the draperies was ripped from the rod and left hanging, there were stains on the carpet, the toilet was extremely loud, and the bathroom had been regrouted, but done very poorly. The other areas of the hotel (hallways, dining room, etc.) were in need of some touch-up paint. There were many chipped paint areas visible all over the hotel--a good maintenance man with a bucket of paint and a brush could have corrected this in a day's time. We had dinner in the tavern, which was very nice and much more intimate than the large formal brightly lit dining room. Food was good, nothing outstanding, but the usual pub fare. Breakfast was served buffet style in the formal dining room and was a very nice assortment of hot breakfast items. In spite of giving our breakfast voucher to the waitress when we sat down, she presented us with a bill at the end of our meal. When I reminded her of the voucher, she apologized and said she had forgotten. We owed nothing, but left a small tip. The attractions (the Caverns, the Natural Bridge, the Wax Museum, and the Butterfly Garden) which were all included in our hotel price were all worth the visit. To see all the attractions, you need to get there by at least 1 o'clock, as some of them were closing by 4:30--we never did see the Butterfly Garden as it was closed by the time we did all the others. Check-in at the hotel is not until after 3 p.m., but they will give you your attraction vouchers at the front desk anytime before 3 p.m. We were there in the fall, which is their off season, and the price we paid for the package was well worth it, but if one were to go in peak season during the summer, this hotel is not worth the high prices they charge. Certainly not worth more than a one-night stay. I would only give this hotel an excellent value rating if you book it with a package for one night, otherwise maybe only a poor or average rating at best.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay on-site of The Natural Bridge of Virginia. Visit the monumental National Historic Landmark & discover why photos don't do it justice, nor words describe it, and why the awe-struck Thomas Jefferson bought it. Packages starting at $129 for 2 people, $169 for a family of 4, offer a great value on attractions, overnight accommodation & breakfast. Just 15 minutes from the Blue Ridge Parkway; off I-81, exits 175 & 180. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travelocity, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Natural Bridge Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Natural Bridge Hotel And Conference Center
- Natural Bridge Hotel Natural Bridge