Is this a 5 star hotel? Nope. Is it a great deal? Yes. My wife and I stayed here in April and used the escape package. For $99 we got a room, breakfast for two, tickets to the bridge, wax museum, caverns, butterfly garden, basically all the things we came here to see and do. The breakfast was worth $20, the attraction tickets would have cost $58. So basically the room was $22. The location could not be better. It's right across from most all the attractions, except for the caverns and the zoo (zoo not included and we did not go) which are both a short drive away. We also took in all the sites of nearby Lexington VA.
We had a room with a balcony facing the lovely parking lot, but it was still nice to sit outside after dinner. There was a TV, and refrigerator. The room was spacious, but very dated and could use a good deep cleaning, particularly the bathroom. Old bedspread, old carpet, noisy air conditioner/heater. If you're inclined to be easily skeeved out by something like a lot of dust and a some stains, you maybe want to spend the money to stay somewhere else. It wasn't so bad we couldn't deal with it. Oddly, no vent fan or window in the bathroom.
Dinner in the dining room was about a 3 out of 5 and was a little pricey for what was served, but it was right there in the hotel. Dinner was much better than say Applebee's, TGI Fridays, etc... The price was worth it to us for the convenience since we like to have a few drinks before and during dinner.
Breakfast was served ala carte, not buffet and everything was good. Service at the restaurant and bar were both good.
If you're going to Natural Bridge to see the attractions, this is a very good value and budget friendly way to go. The Hotel itself is not worth the three star rating I gave it, but location and value is why I put the mark there. I would go give four stars if they'd do a good cleaning of their rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay on-site of The Natural Bridge of Virginia. Visit the monumental National Historic Landmark & discover why photos don't do it justice, nor words describe it, and why the awe-struck Thomas Jefferson bought it. Packages starting at $129 for 2 people, $169 for a family of 4, offer a great value on attractions, overnight accommodation & breakfast. Just 15 minutes from the Blue Ridge Parkway; off I-81, exits 175 & 180. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Natural Bridge Historic Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Natural Bridge Hotel And Conference Center
- Natural Bridge Hotel Natural Bridge