“if you've seen one commercial cave, you've seen them all....”

Natural Bridge Caverns
More attraction details
Owner description: Caverns in the Shenandoah Valley that extend 34 stories underground.
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Well - I like caverns, even commercial caverns - but we brought our 7th grade class to visit natural bridge, wax museum, and then the caverns - everything was fine except our tour guide through the caverns made me a nervous wreck because she was not one bit kid-friendly and I was relieved to get them out of there... I would never bring a school group back to these caverns, we have others much closer to us anyway.

I actually haven't brought my own children here I guess because I haven't gotten over the school trip. too bad. Go to the Safari Park instead!

All reviews
in 29 reviews
"darkness"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed July 9, 2013

The walk down the stairs is very steep and very steep going back up. If it is raining I would reccomend taking the shuttle instead. Very slippery both ways if wet. It was cool and humid but very breathe taking at the bottom. The personnel know all about the history and how the bridge came about. Walking beyond that you can view the Indian village. It took 15 minutes. Not much there and 1 person to explain about women's jobs. The bridge was very worth while. Plan on 1 1/2 hours for the walk and Bridge.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We came at a good time. Even though we were there in the summer, it had been raining quite a bit, and so the waterfalls and the river were full! It's not hard to get to, and you don't have to walk far to get to the good parts. There is a shuttle bus if you're not up to climbing the stairs up/down to the bridge area.

1  Thank Susan C
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I am not a cavern expert but I wasn't in awe. Still a pleasant and different thing to do with the family. The tour guide made the experience better. However my kids 13,12, and 10yr old boys thought it was boring - secretly think they kind of liked it. Average Joe's are ok but do not recommend this tour for people who have issues going down/up stairs or are easily short winded. Wet, dark, little chilly, and mostly walking up/down stairs involved.