Natural Bridge/Lexington KOA
Econo Lodge(Lexington)
$59
$149
Hampton.com
Robert E Lee Hotel(Lexington)(Great Value!)
$135
$75
  • Free Internet
$149
$145
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Lexington(Lexington)(Great Value!)
$116
Travelocity
Best Western Lexington Inn(Lexington)(Great Value!)
$77
All reviewsnice campgroundtravel trailerpull thrusafari parktent sitesrestrooms showerscamp storedog parkweekend activitiespicnic table areahilly areapretty levelfull hookupslaundry roomcable tvcombo ticketovernight stop
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We enjoyed our time at this KOA.... only draw back was that our site was on a slope which made it somewhat difficult to step up and step down in our RV. The entire campground was well maintained with clean facilities and the lawns were well manicured. If we are in the area again, we would be happy to camp here.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Rosiemolly
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Our family just got back from a week's stay at the Natural Bridge KOA with our travel trailer. This is a very nice campground. Needs some updating but the property was clean and neat and the kids enjoyed the pool. We have a 32 foot travel trailer and had no problem getting into our site and from what we could see no one else did either. Even had a 50 ft Rv come in for an overnight while we were there and he fit just fine! I would recommed this as a place to stay if going to Natural Bridge.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Owens40
Reviewed July 16, 2012

When my husband and I go camping, we always stay at KOAs. This one was the worst. The roads and sites were tiny (watched many people with campers struggling to get into the sites), as well as the bathroom stalls, the showers, pool, everything. 2 out of 4 showers for women at the whole site were too low, I guess they were made for kids yet kids can shower under regular showerheads so I'm not sure what the thought process was there. I am 5 ft 5 and I had to squat under the showerhead. There was much hype about the dog park, which in my opinion, was terrible - filled with random tubes cut off from a playground that none of the dogs wanted anything to do with. It was too small for dogs to actually run around. In our case, "pet friendly" meant paying $10 more for a cabin right next to the entrance, which was ok for our dog, but not for most dogs that bark at anyone that walks/drives by. The $15 deposit for a key was strange, the key is on a huge bright yellow keychain you would be hardpressed to lose it. Wireless internet does not work at most sites (didn't matter for us, but thought I would mention it). We paid $125 for 2 nights in a small cabin aka "shed" that did not even have A/C. However, considering the area, this may be the best, which is definitely not saying a lot. I would recommend checking into the other nearby KOA (think it was about 30 min. away) or one of the other campsites if you are coming to the attractions here for the day.

The KOA is right next to the drive-through safari (check it out - it was awesome) and close to the main Natural Bridge attractions.

Room Tip: Ignore the fitness center and room service ratings, N/A
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MDgirl2016
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We recently stayed three nights at this KOA. The June 29th storm knocked out power in Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia, Virginia, Maryland, etc. & was devastating!

We arrived late evening on July 1st & were notified upon check-in that our tent site had no electricity. I was disappointed that they didn't call us before hand... also, at check in one of the owners made a comment about my hyphenated last name which added insult to injury.

We paid the price for a tent site with no electric or water, and they did knock off an extra $11 for a reserved tent spot, so I was happy about that... Yes, we are frugal!

The owners of the campsite did the best they could under the circumstances... I think after this they're likely to invest in a generator.

If you like to camp at KOA's... this KOA is OK.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KarenLynn7
Reviewed May 11, 2012

We choose to stay here so we could visit both the Shenandoah and Blue Ridge National Parks. That proved to be a good decision. The campground was nice, staff were very helpful and all the facilities were clean. I had only one complaint: the internet was very s-l-o-w.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family