“DO NOT STAY THERE....RUN AWAY!!!!”

Budget Inn Nassawadox
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Nassawadox
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Worst Hotel ever, I would call it worst than a motel. Travelocity made a mistake with the price and the reservation; once I realized everything was wrong and I looked at the place...I wanted to run away. I refused to pay them and decided I would take it up with Travelocity, and I was told that if I did not stay they would charge me the price of reserving a room. However, they charged me the price as if I would have stayed there plus an extra person and a dog. I DID NOT sign the credit card paper that they printed out and they still charged me the night as if I would of stayed. The next morning I went there, to ask for a copy of my paper work since they never gave me anything. They told me that even though I did not stay they were going to keep my money; they snatched a paper from my hand, yelled at the top of their lungs and insulted me. THE BEST PART was that I recorded them, saying they were stealing my money. I am taking it up with Travelocity and my credit card. Just want to make sure YOU don’t stay there, WORST place ever. Rooms are disgusting, the lobby stinks horrible… like all sort of spices and dirt, the people are beyond rude and look like they sleep there, they walk around barefoot and are so unprofessional. They DO NOT have continental breakfast, unless you call cereal with coffee a continental breakfast. The place is so nasty that you might just catch something from eating anything from that place. Go down the road and stay at the Best Western, so much cheaper, nicer, cleaner and friendlier.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank nadya s

Reviewed October 1, 2012

This hotel is a dump and ruined our vacation passing through The Eastern Shore Of Va...The carpet was dingy,the bed had a stain on the sheet,no clean towels,an air freshner hanging from the ceiling..There was no hair dryer and even soap..The manager we spoke to was extremely rude and nasty when confronted about our room condition..He threw a temper tantrum blabbering off some unknown language and would not refund our money..We have the Better Business Bureau looking into this matter! This dump doesnt deserve a 1 star rating and the manager named Paul had better learn how to treat his customers instead of acting like a con man!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank Monsanto T
Reviewed September 17, 2012

My stay was a nightmare... The rooms are discusting. Toliet keeps running. No clean towels the second day. They promised on the website that there was a blow dryer, coffee pot, alarm clock, iron in the rooms but there was none. The free wifi don't even work. They only give you one room key. The breakfast is only doughnuts purchased from the store and cereal that sits out all night. All in all I would never stay here again. Its deff not worth the $50/night.

• Stayed: September 2012
4  Thank Icecream2308
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We were traveling with our kids looking at the area considering a move to the VA Eastern Shore. We were greeted by a horrible front desk person who grilled us about having extra people and how we better pay up the extra $5 (we had no additional people!). The room was dingy and my kids put wet towels on the floor which instantly turned brown from the filthy carpet. We had exactly two grimmy pillows per bed. The A/C was 5 inches from the one bed and I froze all night. The bathtub made a terrible noise when you stepped in it and we feared it would fall thru. We had aked for a 1st floor room for a handicapped child and they could have cared less that they had none available. We had made advanced reservations for this purpose. NEVER AGAIN! The kennel where my dog stayed was nicer and the people friendllier than this place. On the upside, we stayed at a Comfort Inn the next night and that was a wonderful facility, pay the extra money!!!! DON"T STAY HERE!!!!

Room Tip: Go to Comfort Inn....
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Michele D
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Very rude foreign man running the hotel. I got a room that was musty (probably because they don't set the A/C when nobody is in the room and it was 95 degrees) and it affected my allergies - literally could not breathe. The man said I was in the room too long to move to another, even though I was out for the day and had to wait to see if two Benadryl would work. He didn't want to hear it. The older woman who ran the desk at night was not any better.

The only reason they are still in business is there is a shortage of hotels on that part of the Maryland eastern shore. I tried to get another room at any other hotel within 100 miles north in July and there were not any. This was absolutely the worst hotel experience I have ever had. The problem wasnt with the hotel room itself but with the staff. The manager, from what I understand, it an older lady but she was nice. There is a foreign man who works there, I'm not sure what nationality. He is absolutely rude and has no customer service skills whatsoever. He does not care about the customer and has no interest in helping them at all.

There was a very large outdoor party across the street and a fight broke out and moved into the hotel parking lot. The police had to come and pepper spray them all. A drunk woman also hit something in front of the hotel and had to be arrested.

I will never go back to this hotel, it may be easier on the pocket, but you definately get what you pay for. In this case, $60 will get you rude, sarcastic, and snide treatment. Definately do not recommend this for any human being.

Room Tip: Avoid the hotel all together.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Alan L
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Upon arrival we requested a late check out (as this was a benefit for being a member of the America's Value Club) This was not granted by the owner Our room was in another building at least 50 yards from the main inn, with no ice machine available. For ice you would need to drive or walk at least 50 yards (just one way). The room was very poor maintained. There was only 1/2 roll of toilet paper in the bathroom, a very small refrigerator, no microwave, no air dryer (as advertised). There was an auto air freshener hanging from the ceiling. A dead fly on the window sill and screen torn in the window. I had asked for a handicap bathroom. What we given for handicap bathroom was to two handles which had to be attached to a very low toilet seat. We wil not stay at this place again and we do not recommend this facility to anyone.

Room Tip: Stay at another location
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank James B
Reviewed July 12, 2011

After a long drive from NJ, we needed a place to sleep Friday night 4th of july weekend, we didn't have a reservation & stopped at 3 chain hotels at 10 o'clock at night with the kids getting crankie & mom & dad tired our last stop was Americas inn they had a few rooms left, it was pricey what what do we expect just winging it, i was very happy to have a nice Clean Room!! It was a pleasant surprise !! & the bay bridge was only about 45 mins away, made for a nice morning ride over the bridge!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank NJ-sunshine3
paul p, Manager at Budget Inn Nassawadox, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2012

Dear NJ-sunshine3,

Thank you for sharing your opinion with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our clean and cozy guestrooms. If you should return to the area next time, we would like the opportunity to serve you again.

Kindest regards,

Paul-GM
Americas Best Value Inn- Nassawadox, VA

Been to Budget Inn Nassawadox? Share your experiences!