“Not a good value, unfriendly front desk”

Budget Inn Nassawadox
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Nassawadox
NYC
“Not a good value, unfriendly front desk”
Reviewed June 18, 2011

We had booked this hotel online, choices are limited in this part of the island.
The front desk was very unfriendly, the room very smelly and the bathroom dirty.
Free internet only worked outside the room. They do charge for additional people but don't provide additional towels, soap etc. unless you insist.
We did enjoy a great dinner at El Maguey Mexican Restaurant which made up for the unfriendly welcome.
If you don't have to spend the night in Nassawadox, keep driving.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank WhyWeTravel
paul p, Manager at Budget Inn Nassawadox, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Dear WhyWeTravel,

Thank you for sharing a review with us. I apologize for any inconvenience you encountered during your stay. We do have extra towels available at the front desk. Please call the front desk and we will provide those to you. We hope that you stay with us again or another one of our locations across the Country.

Regards,
Paul-GM
Americas Best Value Inn- Nassawadox, VA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed November 1, 2010

This was absolutely the worst hotel experience I have ever had. The problem wasnt with the hotel room itself but with the staff. The manager, from what I understand, it an older lady but she was nice. There is a foreign man who works there, I'm not sure what nationality. He is absolutely rude and has no customer service skills whatsoever. He does not care about the customer and has no interest in helping them at all.

There was a very large outdoor party across the street and a fight broke out and moved into the hotel parking lot. The police had to come and pepper spray them all. A drunk woman also hit something in front of the hotel and had to be arrested.

I will never go back to this hotel, it may be easier on the pocket, but you definately get what you pay for. In this case, $60 will get you rude, sarcastic, and snide treatment. Definately do not recommend.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank serenityrei
abvinassawadox, Owner at Budget Inn Nassawadox, responded to this review, April 4, 2011
Dear traveler,

Thank you for considering us for your lodging needs. We're sorry we weren't able to provide you with what you were looking for. Please let us know how we could better serve you in the future.

Paul Patel-Owner
Americas Best Value Inn-Nassawadox, VA

Travelers are raving about these Nassawadox hotels

Maryland
Reviewed January 5, 2009

I have stayed here only because it is the only one our company will allow usto stay at. The rooms are not very well cleaned. the beds need replacing and the smell in these rooms is awful. I need to leave the door open so the fresh air comes in . The manager and his family live here and are very nosey the kids try to look in your windows and they run all around the place. I really hate to have to stay at this hotel. There are spider webs in the corners and bathrooms.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank dlw21849
Wash. State
Reviewed February 8, 2007

I was traveling with friends and they booked this room for me. We got in about 11P at night and the 1st thing that was shocking were the spider webs with very large spiders all along the railings of the balconies to the second floor. Upon entering the rooms the first thing we noticed were the floorboard things not actually meeting the carpet. There were gaps! It was very tacky and the first thing I thought of was cockroaches coming out. The bathroom was rotted by the tub and their were hairs in my friends room's tub! We quickly decided not to stay and went down to "check out." I sat in the car as my friend went into check out. The manager (yes manager) was extremely rude to my friend and said the rooms were not dirty. He also degraded us by saying we wouldn't be able to find a room until we got to Norfolk. We did not care, we were not going to stay here! Never consider this place even if you have to stay 2 hours away!!!!

• Liked — Absolutely Nothing!!!!
  • Disliked — Every singe thing!!!!
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
5 Thank NatlParkTraveler
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 17, 2003

This was probably the most disgusting motel I have ever stayed in. It was late at night and I was driving South down Route 13. Wish I had never stopped but I was falling asleep at the wheel!I was absolutely grossed out by the place. Room reeked of smoke and was dirty dirty dirty! I dont know what you call what I slept on but it was not a bed!

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nassawadox
Quality Inn & Suites
#2 of 7 in Cape Charles
Bay Haven Inn of Cape Charles
Bay Haven Inn of Cape Charles
#1 of 9 in Cape Charles

Been to Budget Inn Nassawadox? Share your experiences!