“Great Lunch Before the Tour!”

Mount Vernon Inn Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Mount Vernon Inn Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: George Washington Memorial Parkway
Transit: There is a Metro Bus stop at the corner of the crosswalk directly in front of the Restaurant. The Metro Bus stops at Huntington Metro, the end of the Yellow Line.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Great Lunch Before the Tour!”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Very good place to eat before or after taking your tour. We went for lunch before our tour that afternoon. Walked right in and were seated very quickly. I had the cobb salad which was very good and very filling. Our son had the club sandwich, which was huge! 2 people could have shared it. food was very good, and service was great as well. If you are headed to take a tour of Mount Vernon, this is a nice bonus to eat lunch here.

1 Thank Ty P

Heyworth, Illinois
“Terribly disappointing”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We arrived fairly early to enjoy lunch.....I usually use Open Table for reservations and even trying 3 months ahead, I could not get a reservation, so we decided to roll the dice. Later we found out there were three parties of 45 - 60 people, so that explained why there were no reservations. When we arrived, we were told it would only be about 15 minutes. Sounded good......until about 30 minutes passed and we were seated. There is a food court option at Mt. Vernon, although there were a few school field trips and a lot of the students were heading to the food court, so we decided to try this route. We were seated we figured out what we wanted and waited and waited and waited to see who our wait staff would be. I did like that everyone was dressed in time period appropriate uniforms. Once we placed our order and we were waiting, another table was seated with a different waitress. They were told about specials and some of the stories of the place. We didn't get ANY of that from our waiter. He virtually ignored our table. Someone else brought our food and filled our water glasses. We did not see him again until he was ready for us to pay. He never stopped to see how things tasted or just to check in. I am giving this an overall rating of 2 as the food was okay. Nothing spectacular. The cornbread was the best part of the meal. To top it off, I had a coupon through Yelp that was $10 off. Our waiter INSISTED that I had to print if off to use it. It was an app on my phone and being on vacation, I had no access to a printer and I have never had to do this anywhere else. He flat out told me that he could not help me and he could ask a Manager, but they wouldn't be able to do anything, either. Needless to say, I was not happy and just wanted to get out there. We were looking forward to eating here and now will NOT recommend it. Disappointing.

3 Thank LKS28
Nadja R, Manager at Mount Vernon Inn Restaurant, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
We would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review and sincerely apologize regarding your experience with us. We entrust our staff to ensure an experience deserving of your visit. These are not the standards we hold here at Mount Vernon Inn and this incident will be discussed and clarified with our staff. We take your opinion very seriously and hope you’ll to give us another try.

Mount Vernon Inn Management
Searcy, Arkansas
“A nice way to end the tour”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

After spending the morning touring Mount Vernon and the grounds we decided to eat at the Mount Vernon Inn instead of in the food court.

Before the meal we got a small pan of cornbread. It was sweet with corn mixed in. I had never had anything like it. I was pleasantly surprised.

I ordered the Salmon Caesar Salad. The salmon was cooked perfectly. I am looking forward to trying to copy it at home.

The service was a little slow, but I didn't care. We were on George Washington's estate.

“Nice”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Before leaving our Mt. Vernon tour we stopped in to the Inn to have lunch. Mt. Vernon does have a food court, but we thought this would be a nicer option. The menu included sandwiches, entree salads, pulled pork, burgers and a typical kids menu. Atmosphere fit in with the period of the estate. Would recommend getting in early because by the time we left they were operating on a 40 minute wait time. Was a little pricy, but that is to be expected at a tourist stop.

Visited June 2014
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
“Who knew great food is found at Mt. Vernon”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

We decided to take the day off and "play" local tourist with a day trip to Mount Vernon. By the way, if you haven't been there before or in years, as was my case, you really need to go. Beautiful grounds, helpful people and a great way to play for a day. The restaurant is a real jewel for lunch. We had peanut and water chestnut soup, the corn bread appetizer with vanilla bean honey butter, grilled chicken sandwich and a chicken Caesar salad. Wow. The soup is incredible, creamy with a few peanuts and water chestnuts tossed in. The vanilla bean honey butter served atop a mini frying pan of homemade cornbread is worth the trip. Both the grilled chicken sandwich and the Caesar salad were impeccably good! Nice to find a really good restaurant in a major tourist destination. Would be worth the trip alone just for the food.

3 Thank capitollobbyist