Motel 6 Mt Jackson/Shenandoah Valley
$105
Comfort Inn(Woodstock)
$89
$72
All reviewsroom was cleandenny's restauranttruck stopdenny's attachedlocation was perfectfriendly desktractor traileryogurtwould definitely stay here againno exceptionallow dogsplace to stayfridge and microwaveoff the highwayone night staycontinental breakfastquick stop
Reviewed March 25, 2012

For being a budget motel, it could have been a bit cheaper. However, it was clean, comfortable, and surprisingly quiet being as close to the interstate as it is. We would stay there again (prefferably with a coupon). The desk clerk was very nice.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank sokay39
Super8Manager19482, Manager at Motel 6 Mt Jackson/Shenandoah Valley, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to post your review! We are working on new marketing programs to include special rate coupons. We hope to see you again on your next trip.

Reviewed October 23, 2011

If you are looking for a clean, affordable, pet friendly hotel this is it. Lots of green space in the back to walk your pet too. The free wifi was a nice surprise.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Convenient stop on I81. Stopped late as all hotels south of there were full due to college football games, fall festivals, etc. Room rather small for 3 adults, beds were comfortable, room was clean. Breakfast was very limited but Denny's restaurant on premises was good. Good parking particularly if you are towing trailer as we were.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 29, 2011

I look for 3 things in any hotel, no matter the price: clean room, comfortable bed and great water pressure. This hotel has all three. It's a no frills place, but it met my needs. My only complaint is about the towels. They are small and seem to be past their prime. I am beginning to feel I need to bring my own towels when traveling by car. Also, there was no conditioner, just shampoo.

Breakfast was fine, especially since it's free. For someone wanting a larger breakfast, there is a Denny's attached to the hotel.

I hope the owner continues to update the hotel. It's a convenient location and I'd like to continue staying there when visiting family.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank denisezucc1957
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Stayed for two nights while searching for vacation homes at Bryce Resort which is about 10 miles away. We chose this motel because they allow dogs for $10 per night per dog. Although right off of I-81 freeway, we asked for an inside room so as not to hear highway noise. They were not full, so let us stay in an interior end room. Normally, people with pets stay in outside rooms. The room was relatively quiet and quite comfortable to sleep in. We had a king bed and brought our own pillows for added comfort since the ones provided are small and not great. The bed was fine but a little soft. The room has a fridge and microwave. The outdoor pool was open and empty so we got to use it a couple of times. It was clean and a good size for a motel pool. The hotel has a great grassy area to walk dogs around which is a big plus. It also has a Denny's open 24 hours a day, a Burger King and is across from a Wendy's. Down the street is a Food Lion with a couple of small restaurants which we didn't eat at. The free breakfast is very basic with just tea/coffee, corn flakes or fruit loops and bagels and small muffins. They also had bananas on the days we were there. It was adequate and you could always go to Denny's if you wanted something more substantial. The rooms were clean and I think this is a good value for the price. One last thing someone else mentioned in their review which I agree with is to not follow Garmin GPS instructions to get to the hotel. Garmin will try and take you a strange way. Instead, check the directions on hotel website to follow. The hotel is literally right off of I-81 and in a great location for the area.

Room Tip: ask for interior room and bring your own pillows for added comfort
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family