“Great Place To Stay”

The Widow Kip's Country Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mount Jackson
The Widow Kip's Country Inn
usa
“Great Place To Stay”
Reviewed September 6, 2007

My wife and I and our dog have stayed at the Widow Kip's several times over the last few years. We have always been happy with those visits (or we wouldn't come back, obviously). We have never stayed in the rooms in the main house, but in the outside cottages. They are always cozy and clean. We've always been comfortable and the location is pretty quaint and nice. Yes, I-81 is only a few hundred yards away but in truth, it has never once bothered us, and if you stay in the larger of the two cottages you probably won't hear it at all given the location. Breakfast has always been good, and there are plenty of things to see and do in the area -- the owners are helpful about that.
If you're traveling with your dog, this place is terrific. Not only do they welcome your dog, they have a several acre fenced in pasture behind the house where your pooch can run around and have fun.

• Liked — good service, nice rooms, delicious breakfast, very pet-friendly
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
3 Thank xxrrttyy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Asheville, NC
Reviewed July 17, 2007

My wife and I had a great time staying here. We stayed in a pet friendly cottage, and it was very pleasant. My dog loved his stay as well. The breakfast was incredible, and perfect before getting back on the road. I really enjoyed my stay here, and will stay here again when I pass though.

• Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
4 Thank andyctree
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 16, 2004

If you are looking for a "Country Inn", this is not where you want to go. Widow Kip's is right next to Interstate 81, so the trucks rumble by all night. We were in one of the kid/pet friendly cottage rooms, complete with industrial carpeting and hand me down furniture. The room had a space heater and NO other form of heat (not safe for kids and pets), no heat in the bathroom and a tiny shower. The walkway to the room had not been shoveled, it was icy and not well lit. The apple juice and pancakes did not make up for a sleepless night, especially considering the pancakes were not cooked in the middle. This was motel quality for a B&B price.

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Comfort Inn
#2 of 4 in Woodstock
Holiday Inn Express Woodstock / Shenandoah Valley
Days Inn New Market  Battlefield

Been to The Widow Kip's Country Inn? Share your experiences!