“Disappointing”

CrossKeys Vineyards
More attraction details
Owner description: CrossKeys Vineyards is a beautiful 125 acre estate with 35 acres of vineyards. This small batch, family run winery currently produces around 8,000 cases of 12 different wines per year that are estate grown, produced, and bottled. With the first vines planted in 2001 and our first harvest in 2006, the winery opened its doors in May of 2008. In late 2012, the CrossKeys Bistro, our onsite restaurant, was established. In addition CrossKeys hosts many events, both public and private, and of course lots of weddings.
Memphis
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Disappointing”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We were told about this vineyard but some guests in the resort we are staying in and they had a representative at an event there. I have been to several wine tastings in the past and the Crosskey was the least friendly. The grounds are beautiful especially this time of year. I was eager to learn about the vineyard and the grounds. Well I was disappointed when I was made to feel as though we were imposing on the server and the only thing she talked to us about was the wine she poured for us. We were given a "tasting sheet" which said exactly what she said to us, so I guess we were lucky she spoke to us at all.

She spent more time telling a co-worker she had other things to do in the kitchen and needed him to finish our tasting. He ignored her and once we finished our last wine she was gone. Another couple walked in while she was walking away and as she walked away she told them to decide which tasting they wanted and she would be back. They had no idea that there were different tasting so I showed then the bulletin board that displayed the different ones and explained them.

Amazingly we did decide to purchase some wine and when she returned she cashed us out not unlike a cashier at Walmart would. I don't know if they were short handed (during the busy season?)or if this is the way they do business, but with all of the other vineyards in the area I would try a different one.

CrossKeysVineyards, Manager at CrossKeys Vineyards, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
On behalf of our family and staff here at Cross Keys, we are so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience with us during your visit. We strive to make every single guest still feel welcome in a busy season. Your experience is important to us, and we certainly hope you will give us another chance in the future to show you our warm hospitality. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to better serving you on your next visit.

Elkton, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“TERRIBLE”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Wine tasted terrible, and we've done our share of wine tasting. Over priced, highway robbery. If you like drinking rubbing alcohol, they you will love this dive.

Visited June 2012
Philadelphia, PA
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Beautiful stop”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

A really, really lovely vineyard with delicious wine. Just don't try to get "in and out". Service is slooooooooooooow.

Visited September 2012
Toronto, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Beautiful venue”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

A beautiful setting, consider it for a light lunch. Wine tour was not quite what I expect based on tours in Niagara vineyards, but the staff was very friendly. Massanutten guests, take your coupons. A variety of tasting opportunities.

Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“My first wine tasting”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We did the tour and tasting and ended up buying several bottles of wonderful red wines. The tour was thorough but a little disappointing as no wine was actually being processed as we walked through. We were shown what would be happening if the grapes were ripe and being crushed, mixed, etc. But still a fun experience.
The vineyard is beautiful. If I'm ever in the area again, I'll be sure to stop in for another tasting!

Visited July 2012