Roseloe Motel(Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
$88
$80
  • Pool
The Omni Homestead Resort(Hot Springs)(Great Value!)
$260
$230
Omni Hotels
  • Restaurant
$66
$64
$102
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $119/night.

Comfort Inn Roanoke Airport(Roanoke)(Great Value!)
$100
$85
$148
$149
Hampton.com
Quality Inn & Suites(Staunton)(Great Value!)
$99
$69
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 26, 2011

When we were greeted by Jim when we arrived, I asked if, "This were heaven."
This is such a special place that you want to share it with those you love.We have traveled the world over, but this is as good s it gets.
After 2 nights, we truly felt as if we were part of the family.Even Jodi, the ever present dog,adopted us.
Reward yourself!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2011

Laurel Point Retreat is one of the BEST B&B's we've ever had the pleasure of weekending in. The main house is a log home that was moved to a beautiful mountain peak and then lovingly restored and updated.

Each of the rooms has a distinct personality, the views from the house and several of the rooms are breathtaking, the breakfasts are delicious, and Jim & Lorraine are perfect hosts. We highly recommend taking a short walk with Jim to see their Highland Cows and hearing some wonderful tales along the way. I'd like to mention too that their website's pictures are very good and accurate.

If you're planning to be in the Monterey, VA area, make a reservation at Laurel Point & give yourself a real treat!

Room Tip: Try to get the Mountain View room!
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2010

I needed a place to stay for just one night on my way from the DC area to West Virginia to do rock climbing. Most of the places near my ultimate destination had terrible reviews, so I widened my search area a bit and found the Laurel Point Retreat. Jim was so gracious. He gave me a tour of the whole property upon my arrival, with the resident dog (Jody) following along. The place is meticulously kept, with quaint furnishings in all the rooms... but the real treat is outside. The view from the porch and patio is absolutely stunning. I sat and watched the sun set over the mountains, and I wished I booked more nights there.

Breakfast was an egg & cheese casserole (it also had sausage, but Jim baked half of it without the meat especially for me), buckwheat pancakes, and coffee. Perfect! I hope I can stay there again someday.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed April 17, 2010

A trip to Highland County in search of property was made perfect by my stay at Laurel Point Retreat. Hosts Jim and Lorraine are quite energetic and interesting "over 60's" who will either leave you alone or, if you prefer, will eagerly share their love for the area. They fix the best regional breakfast you could imagine from buckwheat pancakes to breakfast casserole to fresh bacon, sausage, fresh-squeezed juice, and more. They always have some zucchini bread or other snack available during the day along with coffee and a wide variety of teas with condiments.

The whole place is a work of art cleverly disguised as a bed and breakfast. Years of toil and talent have made this mountain-top oasis a real gem. The panoramic views change all the time and the property is steadily evolving. They offer a nice selection of lodging choices on the property from secluded cabin in the woods, to the intimately adorable "bird house" mini cabin, to bright sunny upstairs rooms with incredible view. More are in the works as the barn and other areas are being developed. Every bit of work done on the property has been with genuine "green" principles in mind and in nestling their retreat into the surrounding natural beauty. I'm frustrated to not be able to describe this place as it deserves to be but know that even the pickiest reviewer would give this place five stars.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Twowilliams
Reviewed December 1, 2009

Our family of 5 booked a night at Laurel Point Retreat on our way from the DC area to southern W. Virginia. We couldn't have been made more welcome. We were treated literally like family: it was Thanksgiving night, they had children and grandchildren over, and we visited with them as we ate their homemade pies. Aside from the holiday festivities, there was hot water available both evening and morning for hot chocolate and a variety of teas. We were offered our choice of about 3 breakfast menus for the next day, all hearty family fare, and our choice of serving time. We enjoyed the homemade biscuits, bacon, and eggs sandwich-style, taking a cue from other family members. There was also homemade raisin bread, which I sadly was too full to sample.

The bedrooms were more spacious than they appeared on the website, and each had a cute private bath with either a shower or a tub-shower combo. Each room had at least 2 chairs and a dresser, and cushy-cozy bedding. Being in the upstairs bedrooms, we could hear the snowstorm rattling and occasionally crashing through the tin roof. The kids and I thought that it added to the charm, but my husband, a light sleeper, put in his "pilot" earplugs and slept just fine.

The house is filled with early American antiques and handcrafted items (some made by the owners). They moved an 18th century log house to the property and added on, using salvaged wood floors and keeping the period feel. The website pictures don't do the place justice. There is a little sitting room complete with small telescope for watching the birds at the feeders outside, and board games. Our host Jim was more than kind to our youngest, showing him the birds and teaching him about maple syrup making, which we were surprised to find goes on in this area. The mountain views are outstanding, and we enjoyed walking back to the pasture to meet the horse and cattle, accompanied by Jodie, the dog. Our stay was made more magical by the fact that it snowed overnight, and our Florida-born kids made their first snowballs and generally had a great time. We ended up wishing we'd planned 2 nights here, as we could have gone on some of our planned day trips (to the National Radio Observatory, for instance) from here.

One warning: if you're not used to driving mountain roads, try to get here before nightfall. All in all, I'm giving it an enthusiastic 5 stars, not for upscale luxury, but for a totally welcoming, relaxing and fun experience. Thanks, Jim and Lorraine!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family