All reviews fishing pond camp store nice campground tent sites the wi fi putt putt golf james river swimming pool bathhouse unisex
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 week ago

This was my first time staying at a KOA. I have to say it was very clean. The cabin didn't have a private bath but did have A/C, Heat and cable TV with a double bed and twin size bunk beds. Oh, there is a small refrigerator and microwave. The shared bathrooms are great as they are not communal. Every bathroom has a toilet , sink, chair and shower. The bathrooms are nice size. But would love to have had a bigger shower. The staff is very helpful. It's close to the Natural Bridge. And not a far drive from restaurants and grocery stores. The dog park is a really nice and kept clean as well. Don't depend on the free wi-fi. It's very weak!

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Quaint small KOA right off the Blue Ridge Parkway. Was a little disappointed that the "premium" site we booked was just like all the rest with the exception of it being a little longer. There were no "views", just gravel campground. Front bathrooms were better than the back ones. A few things for kids. For us it was good for a 2 night stay on the way to Vermont.

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed June 8, 2019 via mobile

We were here here for 5 nights in our 34’ travel trailer. I tend to be skeptical of KOAs because many are over priced with very small sites that are jammed in close to each other. That is not the case here. There are some sites that are small but most are good sized even for large campers like ours. This camp ground is immaculately maintained and the owners and staff are friendly and very interested in making sure we had whatever we needed. Hopefully we’ll get a chance to come here again.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 6, 2019

The Lynchburg KOA is just wonderful. Great and helpful staff, clean and well maintained KOA. Location is excellent and allows you to visit many of the surrounding sites and historic locations. The parkway is located close to this KOA and provides a great oppertunity for hrs of riding.

Date of stay: May 2019
Reviewed November 1, 2018 via mobile

This is a learning curve for us. Unfortunately this campground was a expensive lesson. We were traveling from south to north to see my ailing mother and needed to stay a couple of more days in PA. When I called 3 days before our reservation with this KOA to cancel 2 of the days I was told because it was a holiday weekend (halloween) that we would be charged, 48 dollars for Wed and Thurs and 53 for Friday. No exceptions made. I think the lesson for me as a new RV camper is to stay clear of KOA's and stick with the State Parks. KOA' are infamous for stacking the campers in like sardines anyway.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Victoria H