“A Perfect Spot for a Perfect Meal”

The Landing Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 50 Restaurants in Moneta
Cuisines: American, Peruvian, Gastropub
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed August 22, 2012

What an outstanding Restaurant. The service was outstanding, the food was delicious, and you could not ask for a better view. I was just there with a few friends the last day of a short vacation. We arrived by boat, and the experience escalated from there. It started with a unique selection of Breads and Gourmet Butter, it was to die for! I had the swordfish which was outstanding! The Sea Bass was delicious as well. I don't think you could of made a bad choice. I certainly will dine there again if I am in the area.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Our family of three, including our 20 year old son, ate at this lovely place. They recommended reservations which we made but many folks just walked in around 6:45 - 7 pm and were seated without reservations. Our waitress was knowledgeable, friendly, but not overbearing or pesky. Let me begin with the bread. The choices were a bit unusual: raisin spelt bread, olive bread and a plain bread. The butters were basil, cranberry and chocolate. Yes, chocolate butter. I could have made a meal right there. As an appetizer, I had the Thai coconut mussels which were very good. I then had the lamb special, which changes nightly. That night, it was ribs which were coffee rubbed and bbqd, there was a sweet potato strudel and broccoli rabe as sides. It was very rich so I did take quite a bit home (especially after attacking that bread plate, my appetite was dampened!). My husband had the caprese salad and the jambalaya pasta as did my son. They both loved their entrees as well. We had no room for dessert.
What I do not understand is how Blackwater Cafe can be the number 1 restaurant in this area on TA. It does not hold a candle in ambience, service, view and certainly not food quality to The Landing.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Funny how you can live in the same place for years and never take advantage of a fabulous restaurant. My wife and I went there for our anniversary and it was wonderful. Food was excellent and so was the service. Highly recommended!

1  Thank tallcoton
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I was so happy when I was able to split an entree with one of my friends. We had the crab cakes which were large. Since 2 were served sharing was the way to go. There was a sauce on top that made the crab cakes hot..watch out. Also ordered the beet salad and split it 3 ways. Just the right amount. One of my friends was celebrating a birthday and a free dessert was brought out.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

I happened to eat at The Landing Restaurant for the first, and last, time with a group of 8 others on 7/14/12. The server was ok, but it was obvious she was aggitated. After we waited for over 1 1/2 hours for our food and heard 2 other tables complaining about the ridiculous wait, we understood her demeanor. She had to take the heat for dissatisfied customers that asked about the long wait. We asked to speak to the manager. They sent some clown out that posed as the manager and showed no empathy for starving customers. When asked why the long wait, he replied, "It's like this every weekend". I then asked if they advised customers of the wait when making reservations. He replied, "We don't know it will be a long wait." Well, which is it!!! They offered no plausible explanation, showed no empathy, and would not even consider a 10% discount for our wait that, from seating to end of the meal, lasted over 2 1/2 hours!!!! Don't waste your valuable time and money because the management sure doesn't appreciate your business!!! Will never,never go again!

1  Thank Tracy P