“Edo Grill & Sushi”

Hardy, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Edo Grill & Sushi”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Excellent food and service at a recent luncheon at Edo Grill & Sushi. Staff treated us like royalty. Best sushi at Smith Mountain Lake!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Erich F

Reston, Virginia
“Good sushi, good service”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

A friend and I recently at at Edo based on a recommendation that it had good sushi. My friend had the sushi, which was good, but I ended up opting for the combo steak & lobster dish. My steak was tasty and done to my order, but the lobster was unadorned and kind of plain, perhaps a touch overcooked. We ate on their outside patio, though the view is of "downtown" Moneta, which isn't much to look at. Our server was pleasant, but it took somehwat longer than we expected for our orders to arrive. On the whole, we were satisfied with our meal, though unless I wanted sushi, it wouldn't be my first choice for Asian food in the area.

• Visited August 2013
“Love this Restaurant!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Edo's has great sushi! The chef will make anything you want. Excellent skills and beautiful presentation. If you like sushi, you will LOVE Edos!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank drmpas
Smith Mountain Lake, Virginia
“Japanese Cuisine in an unexpected town”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

This restaurant is located in Moneta, Va, in the Smith Mountain Lake area, but not on or near the water. It's worth the drive (10 minutes from Bridgewater) for really good Asian cuisine. We especially like their "non-sushi" dishes, like California Rolls and the like, and can make a real meal out of several Maki roll selections. Nice presentation, and very friendly staff. Hardly ever busy inside. Includes a kids menu for the picky eater.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank KenSML
Beach Haven, New Jersey
“A Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

My Mom picked this place on a whim on a recent visit to the family lake house. I was skeptical at first because the place is surrounded by mountains. Could the fish really be fresh? Well, in a word, YES. There were plenty of diners with giant platefuls of the stuff, and it looked great. The service was very good from the moment we walked in. We were seated immediately and a waitress took our drink orders and delivered them promptly. Since I was still a little wary, I ordered the Teppanyaki dinner of tuna. This was served with a salad and soup. Choice of Miso or Hot and Sour. I took the miso, which was good. I tad cloudy and could have been hotter, but good. Salad was typical iceberg lettuce with that mayonnaise "Yum Yum" sauce served at most hibachi places. There is actually a hibachi, but it's not really a show. you can see the guy through an open window to the kitchen area. he was doing honest to goodness hibachi cooking, tough. My tuna was served are with hibachi fried rice and veggies. Very good and fresh. A tad salty is my only quibble. My husband also ordered a shrimp tempura maki roll that was nicely executed. Very good flavors. Nice place. Surprise japanese/sushi in the mountains. Recommended.

Visited July 2013