“More than just a dessert!”
Review of Desserterie LLC

Desserterie LLC
Ranked #1 of 7 Dessert in Midlothian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This place primarily serves delicious desserts but has a nice luncheon menu as well. While a little pricey, the food we had was excellent and the service was great. The inside eating area was limited, but the availability of heating devices in the patio area made space no real problem.
We are certainly interested in returning for dinner.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is one of our favorite local places. You don't have to go to Paris -- or even Richmond -- for great pastries. Or to Italy for very fine gelato. The Desserterie has been making a splash here (and widening hips) for the last five years, and it just keeps getting better. And now, in addition to a coffee and wine bar, healthy and delicious lunches, and incredible dessert selections, they now serve dinner. The menu is a bit limited, but there's still something for everybody. My favorite dessert? Affogatto . . . gelato in a martini glass, covered with hot espresso coffee and topped with whipped cream. Yum. Want a cake for a special event? Check them out a few weeks in advance and they'll create a masterpiece. Check out the photo books when you go. But go!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

The service, the product, everything looks and tastes wonderful. Had a wedding cake from there, that everyone just loved.

Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

Overpriced,poor service. The selection is limited,the lace is stuffy and friendly. Uncomfortable, and generally not welcoming.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

The Desserterie, in Midlothian, is NOT just for deliciously decadent desserts and gelato anymore! Now they have their "Bistro" menu, to accompany their growing lunch menu.
My daughters and I ventured here the other day for lunch: I decided to try the "Apricot Chutney Chicken Panini" - it was AMAZING! The baby spinach cut the sweetness of the camembert and and chutney perfectly. I was sad to eat the last bite! My eldest daughter had the "Roast Beef Panini" and declared it the best panini of her life! And believe me, she's had a panini or two in her day! (She is in her 20's). My youngest, aged 9, got the full combo" a bowl of soup and a sandwich. She settled on the "Potato, bacon cheddar" soup, served alongside and Italian Panini. She thoroughly enjoyed both. For dessert my youngest went with her old favorite: creme brulee, my oldest had the pineapple coconut cake, and I had the lemon chess tart. Rave reviews all around! We plan to come back to try the evening full service bistro menu SOON.

2  Thank Thepuckgoddess